Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Cilalopram...

(514 Posts)
YommyMommy Fri 26-Oct-12 14:25:29

I can only handle positive stories right now please smile

I have started on 10mg today for anxiety and depression. I'm do relived to b getting some help and looking forward to feeling like myself...I know it won't work over night but would love to hear success stories!

X x

YommyMommy Wed 21-Nov-12 10:59:42

Morning Ladies,

How are you all today? My anxiety is pretty high and I never slept well last night...grrrrr! Anyway, at work but been out on site all morning so been pretty fast smile

Hope afternoon is the same! X x

MissPricklePants Wed 21-Nov-12 18:15:21

Just checking in, how are you all?I'm on day 8, not feeling much different but managed to get loadsa housework done and not been as snappy with dd so think it may be starting to help a bit!

YommyMommy Wed 21-Nov-12 18:43:58

Yeah I know what you mean by feeling like your always waiting on something bad happening...it's no fun!!

But she will b fine. I'm sure dd's friends dad drives very carefully! X x

YommyMommy Wed 21-Nov-12 18:59:03

Ignore my last message it was meant for another post, lol!!

Hi miss pickle pants, I'm on week for and have to say they haven't worked wonder for me, but must def b working in some level smile I'm still on 10mg.

X x

Arcadia Wed 21-Nov-12 19:43:50

Day 2 here! I Didn't sleep too well either YommyMommy, had about five and a half hours, and feel a bit hyper today but quite cheerful, almost like maybe I invented this whole thing, but then if my mind turns to any of the things bothering me at the moment I feel the negative thoughts kicking in again and remember why I'm taking the tablets. Work was fine today when I was busy with things, good for distraction.

have to get baking DD's bday cake tonight am making her a butterfly cake!

misspricklepants am a week behind you so will keep checking in! I have also been snappy with my DD and hope that will change, I have been so irritable lately.

half way through the week already! smile

CuriousMama Wed 21-Nov-12 19:45:18

Hi all,
glad it's working on some level MissPP. Sorry your anxiety's high today YM sad

I've had a good day, had a good sleep then got up and had lunch and watched a movie with dp. Then at teatime went out and cut 4 peoples hair so made some cash. I'm hoping to build up a client base in the area. I'm not from here and there are around 10 hair salons in the village! It's more of a small town.People stick to what they know out of loyalty but looks like I've poached a few? wink They were all happy with their haircuts. I've got lots of business cards but they have my old home town written on. Apart from that nothings's different same email and mob number. So hoping to bring some money into the home?

Waiting for celebrity tonight, dp's off out for a walk to one of our favourite pubs. They do real ale and there's a quiz on tonight. He'll sit at the bar or may join a team? I'd have gone but want to see celeb blush Saddo I know.

Hope you all sleep well? xx

CuriousMama Wed 21-Nov-12 19:47:04

Hi Arcadia will you post a pic of the cake when it's done? I know you don't have a public profile but you can do one and not put any details on it if you want to?

Arcadia Wed 21-Nov-12 20:06:13

OK but won't be done until weekend! It will be really simple and not at all elaborate tho!

Evening all, well get this - I have had a great day, slept well, not felt too tired, can still open my jaw and have spent all day making the house look nice. Perhaps after 6 weeks they are finally working.

Am in bed early as the boys are watching football and it means i will keep my nose out of the fridge and I can wait for I'm A Celeb and watch it in bed.

CuriousMama Wed 21-Nov-12 20:42:31

smile Arcadia, it'll be a lot more elaborate than I can do.

Great news SR smile It's good to start to feel on the up isn't it?

YommyMommy Thu 22-Nov-12 09:31:24

Morning Ladies,

How is everyone today?? I slept well last night...think i managed about 7 hrs all in smile although I'm still feeling very anxious. Almost through my first week without DH grin although missing him like crazy!

Looking forward to my day being over and getting home tonight. We are heading to my aunts for tea then have to pick up my shopping from tesco on way home.

Hope everyone else slept well! And had a good day ahead! Xxx

CuriousMama Thu 22-Nov-12 11:11:22

That's great news. I would've slept ok but ds2 had me up with his phobia. He half wakes and thinks snakes are in the room. So I have to lie with him. It's getting less often but does wear me out. We had to take him to get an xray today as his foot's been hurting for a week. He's gone back to school now and still wants to do P.E. Dp and I took him to buy some new trainers before school as he needed some tbh. Plus may help his foot?
I really enjoyed doing all the hair last night and had a nice surprise just now. One of the ladies hates getting her hair done and never likes it. It's the first time I've done it. She has really thick long hair and wanted a few inches off and thinned out. It sounds like whoever has done it before has just gone mad with thinning scissors from what she describes happens when she washes it after. I use them vary sparingly and just sliced her hair and layered it. She Fb messaged me to say she washed it and absolutely loves it smile So hopefully she'll tell others and that'll get me more clients? I think the problem is a lot of hairstylists don't spend the time actually listening. I asked her what it is that her hair looks like that she doesn't like. She said it fluffs out. That's when I knew they'd been cutting in too near to the root and it's bounced off her head. She has such amazing hair too. Anyway that's boosted my confidence. When I worked in the salon all those years I did get plenty coming back for their haircuts and colours so fingers crossed I can make a business here?

Ooo I have rambled on there wink Have a good day all xx

YommyMommy Thu 22-Nov-12 11:32:33

Hey curious,

That's all sounds very positive smile fingers crossed you can get your own wee business going and earn some extra cash!!

X x

YommyMommy Thu 22-Nov-12 11:33:23

P.s. ur son phobia sounds very scary sad x x

CuriousMama Thu 22-Nov-12 18:59:29

Yes it is awful for him. He gets up for school ok and always has a lot of energy. He's like a string bean though smile

Off out dancing tonight, have had texts from friends who miss me so that's nice.

Have a good night chick hope you're ok? xx

YommyMommy Thu 22-Nov-12 19:39:34

All good here curious,

I'm home with my gorgeous boys...still doing home work though, hmm!!

Hope you enjoy ur night dancing smile

Hi everyone else! X x

Arcadia Thu 22-Nov-12 22:16:06

Hi all. No horrendous side effects here yet and am hoping I would know by now if they really disagreed with me. I did have a little wave of panic at work but I just distracted myself with something so I was OK. someone at work was having a bit of an emotional crisis today so supporting her took my mind off myself!

Haven't slept brilliantly but not as bad as I expected so far, and I don't feel very anxious about sleep at the moment.

felt a bit sick in yoga this evening so avoided the upside down stuff!

I quite like the feeling of handing over control of how I am feeling so I no longer feel so responsible to keep myself happy and positive, the pills will do it for me now (hopefully) and once they have kicked in properly I hope to tackle some of the things bothering me at the moment!

glad you've had a nice evening with your boys YommyMommy and hope you enjoy your dancing curiousmama.

Morning all, only woke up once and went back to sleep. Nearing end of week six and feeling so much better now, head clearer, remembering things. Am off to London today to do so some sightseeing and look at the Christmas windows. At the beginning of the week I had no interest in going at all but by yesterday I was planning my outfit. Interesting how in a matter of days I finally feel so much better. Better go and get ready. Enjoy your weekends.

Arcadia Fri 23-Nov-12 09:20:27

Glad you had a good sleep seconhandrose, hope you have a good day in London. Am a bit envy sounds fun, and more interesting than my day, probably going the children's centre! Great to hear that they are working well for you, makes me feel really optimistic to hear other people's positive stories.

I slept really well, over 7 hours straight which is good for me smile but am getting slight feelings of nausea and slight anxious/excited feelings in my stomach. My mood is pretty positive though!

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

YommyMommy Fri 23-Nov-12 12:00:30

Morning Ladies,

Secondhand, very jealous of ur trip to London smile do you live near by?? Hope you have a wonderful day!

I had a bit of a shite morning...feeling a limitless over whelmed again, but I'm also on my period so that won't b helping. I have since been out a walk and cleaned n tidied the house grin the weather is lovely where I am today. Heading out to the garden centre this afternoon with my LO and friend.

Hope you all have a good day! X x

CuriousMama Fri 23-Nov-12 16:11:00

Hi all,
I had a great night dancing thanks, hardly sat down!

Today I've started with a tight chest again, not sure why? My period is imminent so could be that? I hope it goes as it makes me feel like not going anywhere. I had planned to go to our church Christmas fayre tomorrow but don't feel like it now.

Sorry you're not so good YM. Good that you've got things done though. Weather was good here too.

YommyMommy Fri 23-Nov-12 18:24:48

Hi Curious,

I ended up having a good day. I made myself make plans/play date at the garden centre n I went grin I'm just back from DS2's swimming lessons.

My sister is over staying tonight, she lives quiet far away so down visiting!

Just ordered chinese and feeling nice n relaxed.

Curious ur period will def be making you feel more anxious. Hopefully you make the church fete tomorrow. We're you planning on going on your own? X x

CuriousMama Fri 23-Nov-12 19:09:37

That's good news YM smile

Glad you're having a nice night with your sister. Dp's just gone to work, ds2 is still out with his friends, ds1 is in his loft room so just me and the dog here. Ds2 should be back soon? I hope so I don't like him being out too late when it's dark.

Do any of you drink whilst on citalopram? I had a few last night and think that may have caused the tight chest? I probably shouldn't drink though as I think it can make you have side effects?

I'll try to get to the fete. I'll go alone but will know lots there.

I just spoke to exmil on the phone. She's still in hospital, not in rehab yet. She sounded so weak and said now she has liver problems sad Exdh is in the USA and she said she's not telling him until he gets back. I just hope she lasts that long as she's so ill. I'm a bit shocked at him going tbh. She's 89 and has leukemia plus so many other health problems. We'll go to see her next week although I'm not looking forward to it as will have to keep the tears in.

YommyMommy Fri 23-Nov-12 19:32:21

I'm not a big drinker curious, always heighten's my anxiety...but I know plenty of people do drink on AD's with no probs at all so don't worry about it too much!
smile

So sorry to hear about xmil sad x x

CuriousMama Fri 23-Nov-12 19:40:41

Thanks I feel better about those few whiskies now wink

yes it's awful, she's so lovely, an absolute diamond. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now