Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feel like I am about to implode. What can I do?

(6 Posts)
mulranno Sat 13-Oct-12 21:53:48

I will call the Samaritans - thankyou

Upwardandonward Sat 13-Oct-12 20:52:37

Would talking to the Samaritans help? 08457 909090

There are also a&e or your out of hours Gp if you need them.

mulranno Sat 13-Oct-12 20:15:35

I feel like I need to check in somewhere, my head is pounding

mulranno Sat 13-Oct-12 20:04:45

I went to my GP last week for a medication review - I told her I was fine but I ended up in tears telling her that I was under enormous stress with challenging behaviour from my sen daughter and teenage son - she has arranged for my daughter to be referred to camhs. I went to see a councllor for the first time last week too -- it was excruciating - I felt I have done all I can

Upwardandonward Sat 13-Oct-12 19:40:21

Can you talk to your GP about it?

mulranno Sat 13-Oct-12 19:36:13

I have had a series of depressions, x2 post natal and another after the death of my mother and this current one now where I have been on ADs for 15 months - but I feel like this is different - I dont have a reason to be depressed but I feel so bad. I hold bits of my life together - the kids get to school and are fed I get to work and get through the day but either side of the working day and week I am a wreck -- I dont move, wash, eat, I well-up but cant cry, want to scream but cant speak, dont go out. I get out in the mornings and have panic attacks going in the office door -- then I settle and put on a brave plastic face - then I come home and collapse. I dont know where this is going - I dont know what to do - I dont know what is going to happen next - I know I need some rest but the thought of being in my wreck of a house any longer than I need to is suffocating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now