Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

PMDD and Anti D's

(2 Posts)
Bonnywrites Thu 11-Oct-12 01:29:33

Not all Anti'D work the same for everyone and sometimes they stop working effectively. Sometimes they will need to be upped or even changed.

There is a site called Crazy Meds (crazymeds.us/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage) while it is funny it is also quite accurate and educational in terms of what meds do to you and what the pharmaceutical companies don't want us to know.

But what is most important in taking Anti'Ds is you have to take control and educate yourself.
Understand that there are different types; different generations and different actions. Some work on Serotonin some work on Dopamine, sometimes a doc will give you a combo of both because as I said our system all react differently and can change the longer we take them.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Gmakes3 Wed 10-Oct-12 19:58:55

I have been on Anti D's for 6 months for PMDD. At first when they kicked in the PMDD was so much better. Over the past 3 months though I feel that its creeping back. Today I feel crap, not as bad as I used to but still enough to be worried. Has anyone else experience of this. I am making a GP appointment but I assumed that once the PMDD was more under control it would stay that way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now