Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does anyone else ever feel like putting trainers on and running?

(19 Posts)
Crawling Thu 04-Oct-12 13:40:23

Just running and keeping on running and getting lost where no can find you and theres no one to hurt or let down, till you can escape everything, maybe take heroin to block everything out? seeking oblivion, no pain no feelings and no one knowing you?

amillionyears Thu 04-Oct-12 14:01:43

I cant say that I have personally felt as bad as that.
There used to be days where there was too much to do,and everything gets a bit on top of you.

Would you like to say who you think you may have let down?

nickeldaisical Thu 04-Oct-12 14:04:10

I do feel sometimes like going away, like getting out of there.
but i try to do it by osmosis.
I wouldn't put the trainers on.

but I do sometimes feel like getting in the car and driving as far as i can to get away.

I haven't felt as bad as you describe for a good few years though.

Crawling Thu 04-Oct-12 14:09:22

I dont know I just dont feel right today, and thinking is painfull, my house is a pig sty and theres too much I just dont want to think, worry stress anymore

nickeldaisical Thu 04-Oct-12 14:12:36

what about going out for an actual jog, then?
I know that sounds all "get out in the fresh air you'll feel better!" but it might help a little bit.
especially if you don't want to think.
put on gloves and a hat though, cos it's cold.

ignore the mess for now,

Crawling Thu 04-Oct-12 14:15:40

I cant go for a jog kids are here and I have to do the school run now. But I do have more meds to take tonight so hopefully I will feel better soon.

nickeldaisical Thu 04-Oct-12 14:31:37

maybe that's it then - you know you can't escape and that makes it even more pressing

LosingItBigTime Thu 04-Oct-12 15:57:23

I feel like this a LOT! I'd like to run away every day from all my problems and the house being in a mess and the responsibilities I struggle to cope with every day. I'm truly rubbish at getting anything done any more and I guess what I really wish to be able to do is run away from the pants self that I have become and go back to being the vibrant, happy and confident me I used to be.

Em3978 Thu 04-Oct-12 16:07:40

I DO!!! I spent my very depressive times wanting to just RUN! to nowhere in particular, just for the sake of it. (I did walk once... but still didn't get far...)
Sadly I was also so unfit that I couldn't get beyond the end of the street sad

4 years later I've actually taught myself to run, using couch to 5k, and find its a good relief for the bad days, even if i run on the better days. Which doesn't seem to make much sense really!?

I do run home at the end though... smile

Crawling Thu 04-Oct-12 16:15:16

Thanks all I just got stuck in my car and someone had to drive me home sad as I was stuck in the middle of the road and I couldnt drive up the hill.

amillionyears Thu 04-Oct-12 16:27:01

sad. I hope you get can get your car fixed soon.
Its one of those days for you isnt it.
Hate those sorts of days.

Crawling Thu 04-Oct-12 16:27:35

I used to run and do kick bag punching it is very therapeutic, I am glad EM that you managed to do it, thats great that you can now do five k runs smile. I am also sorry losingItBigTime that you feel this way too.

Crawling Thu 04-Oct-12 16:29:03

The car is not broke I have not long passed my test and I just couldnt do it, so the lady in the hair dressers got in my car and drove me home in my car.

amillionyears Thu 04-Oct-12 16:31:42

Sorry,I am a little confused.
Why couldnt you drive up the hill,is it too muddy or something?

Crawling Thu 04-Oct-12 16:36:58

It kept stalling and I had a panic attack, and couldnt think how to get up the hill. Every time I started it it was rolling back.

LosingItBigTime Thu 04-Oct-12 16:47:25

Bless you. Exactly the sort of thing I'd get totally flustered by. Can you treat yourself tonight with something relaxing at all? Bath, mag or even a favourite film or tv programme. Something small and just for you.

Crawling Thu 04-Oct-12 17:07:13

Thanks LosingItBigTime take away on the cards tonight I think.

amillionyears Thu 04-Oct-12 17:38:36

Enjoy your takeaway,op

Yes absolutely. Although without the physical effort bit. But getting away from everything and everyone is a big yes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now