Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anxious

(5 Posts)
Lovewearingjeans Mon 01-Oct-12 13:08:22

Can you go and see your GP? I have been there, and it sounds awful for some people, but meds work best for me. After my last big bought, two years ago, I started CBT, and would write things down, and try to turn things to the positive. It has helped, though I am having a wobbly week this week confused

keekeeblue Sun 30-Sep-12 10:17:49

I agree anxiety is awful and it takes over your life one worry leads to another leads to another then another...

Have you got anyone to talk to? I find that talking to someone who listens really helps.

Also as above writing things down helps too.

As my counsellor says talk to yourself nicely, don't get cross with yourself, imagine your are talking to your child, be nice to yourself. Take each day at a time, when my little one was small I used to take each day hour by hour until he was in bed then that was my me time.

I'm not sure whether you ever get over it but learning to manage will help - I'm still struggling.

Mylittlepuds Thu 27-Sep-12 21:07:05

Anxiety is awful. I have it. You have my sympathies. What do you do to combat it? Most recently I've found writing things down helps.

cheekypickle Thu 27-Sep-12 19:06:19

Worries about how I'm performing at work , not enjoying work

Worries I'm not being a good wife

cheekypickle Thu 27-Sep-12 19:02:49

I'm starting to feel myself worrying again. Getting anxious about silly things like how am I going to look after DD (13months) all day

Worries about not getting enough a sleep , when I already get loads

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now