My MM BSD journey

(10 Posts)
Lndnmummy Wed 31-Aug-16 10:34:18

Day 2 for me today and the scales showed 74.5 this morning as supposed to 75.5 yesterday! I know it is just water and bla bla bla but still it inspired me somehow. I will use this thread as my daily log and still post on the group threads as well. Having seen bears beautiful photo I am more determined than ever.

I am 5.2 158cm and weigh 11.8st or 75.5. Well actually no I weigh as of today 74.5!

Goal weight is 57kg or just under 9st. I have PCOS and am 38. I have one ds who is 4. I am hoping to conceive again later this year and so I know that getting my weight down will be crucial if I am to succeed in that.

And you know ladies, for the first time in years, it feels like I might be in with a shot. I feel hopeful again and I haven't felt hope for so many years. I am going to do this!

yumyumpoppycat Wed 31-Aug-16 16:51:37

Great post you can go it LnD - come back to this thread any time you have a bad day...you could be well on your way to goal by the end of october!

Lndnmummy Wed 31-Aug-16 21:02:38

Thanks poppycat! Felt much better today during the day but I really crash in the evenings. Will stick with it and hope it gets better, v soon I hope! Not managed 800cals today, kitchen closed at 1002. I miscalculated the lunch that I had but never mind. Upwards and onwards tmrw.

Lndnmummy Thu 01-Sep-16 09:14:03

Another kg down this morning 73.6. I realise that this is not a sustainable rate of weightloss but it is motivational all the same. I have made a decision to move from shakes to food to see if that will improve my mood at all. By night I am so angry which is not acceptable for dh and ds, especially as ds is due to start school next week. He really needs his mum on top form

Lndnmummy Thu 01-Sep-16 20:13:07

Feeling much better today, maybe my body is starting to adjust and food rather than shakes has really made a difference to me.
I need to stop weighing myself so often as well.

onwego Fri 02-Sep-16 16:18:59

Sounds like you're doing brilliantly, and seeing it reflected on the scales feels soooo good. Could you save more of your calories for later on in the day so it doesn't affect your mood? What shakes were you having?

I'm v similar stats/age as you and have lost a stone over the past 7 weeks so am now 10st5. I'm aiming for below 9 stone too. I'm really determined to do this. I had a couple of realisations this week which sound really obvious but only just clicked with me. First, as I'm 5"2, I should be eating quite a bit less food than my taller friends/husband - and that needs to happen every day. I seem to be losing weight eating 800 calories 5 days a week and around 1200 the other two. And, if I go out to eat, have a drink, piece of choc etc, I have to reduce the calories I consume the following day or two. Probably totally obvious to the rest of the world, but has been liberating for me.

Keep posting!

pfrench Fri 02-Sep-16 18:58:38

Ha, onwego I'm a bit the same. I'm 5 foot 1, my boyfriend is 6 foot 2. We shouldn't be splitting any food half/half, I need a LOT less. I've been saying on the other thread that when I talked to my parents about how much they eat, it was 800 cals or even less. Maybe I'm just 'meant' to eat a lot less than I consider 'normal'.

Good post though Lndn, it's a nice one to look back on when you're having a bad day.

I'm at the end of week 4, have lost 15lbs. I'm sort of mostly doing half a lb a day. I'm weighing myself every day because I'm experimenting with lentils and beans (and their scary carb level).

onwego Fri 02-Sep-16 20:38:11

Pfrench, what have you discovered about lentils/beans? Can you still lose weight and eat them? I enjoy eating lentils, but worry they may stall weight loss.

onwego Fri 02-Sep-16 20:38:30

And, that's a brilliant loss!

Lndnmummy Tue 27-Sep-16 18:47:58

Hello!! I forgot about this thread! Things going so well, I now weigh 69.6 at the 4 week mark so I have lost a stone. It is amazing. I have another 3st to loose but I feel i can do it now.

How are you all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now