Will this work for me, once and for all?

(6 Posts)
TwoNoisyBoys Tue 12-Jul-16 20:21:04

I'm so fed up of dieting. I lose a stone, gain a stone. Lose 7lbs, gain 7lbs. I lost a stone last autumn, but I've put almost all of it back on. I lost it through a mixture of slimming world and laxatives blush (I know......I'm very ashamed) and I'm still taking them now, it's been over a year now.....but I've still gained weight. I know it's doing me harm, and I desperately want to lose weight and maintain it HEALTHILY. I used to run a couple of k a few times a week, and was really into it, but then I fell down the stairs last year and did my ankle in. It's still too weak for me to run, now. Just so fed up and want to sort myself out. Is 5:2 the answer, please, someone?

Flowerfae Tue 12-Jul-16 20:55:33

I think its like everything unfortunately, once you stop doing whatever diet your doing it does go back on. With the 5:2 you can just keep doing it.. it worked for me but I stopped doing it sad need to start again I think.

I have this thing though where everything works for the first few weeks, then it all stops .. even if I don't change what I'm doing, I keep it up for a few weeks and still can't shift any weight or even put some on, so I lose heart with it and give up.

If you can't run could you walk?

TwoNoisyBoys Wed 13-Jul-16 16:50:23

Thanks for replying, Flower. Yes, I could walk, but I suppose it's lack of motivation too.....I can feel myself getting into a rut and it seems to be making me eat more 😕 I was going to fast today.....but then cake happened.....sigh. Need to get a grip!

PosiePootlePerkins Wed 13-Jul-16 16:59:20

You sound like me. No advice sorry just sympathy. I have tried every diet going, including 5:2 and they all work while I stick to them. Then of course I lose weight, go back to my bad habits and put it all back on.
I'm currently at my heaviest for years and very uncomfortable.
Let me know if you find a magic answer! (I know there aren't any reallysad)

Breadandwine Thu 14-Jul-16 23:40:44

Hi folks
There is a magic bullet, IMO, and it is indeed the 5:2 way of life (WOL).

As someone who has been practicing Intermittent Fasting (IF) for over4 years, I can say this with some authority, I feel. In that 4 years I've lost 24lbs and kept it off for 3 and a half years - and I have never felt as fit as I do now, or had as much energy.

The Mumsnet 5:2 threads have played a huge part in all this - they are a wonderful source of advice and support, and I urge you to join us over there - or at least browse the OP of the current thread - and you must watch the Michael Mosley Horizon programme linked to in the first para of that OP. I certainly found it inspirational.

TwoNoisyBoys Fri 15-Jul-16 19:21:20

Thank you breadandwine.....I certainly need some inspiration! I'll start reading through the threads, but first I'll look out for the Horizon programme.......thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now