Realistic weightloss on 5:2?

(8 Posts)
LunaLoveg00d Thu 12-May-16 23:12:10

Been thinking about giving this a bash for a while. I need to drop around 15kg. 10kg would be a good start. I am around 85kg at the moment, size 16 and not happy.

A couple of years ago I did My Fitness Pal, stuck to 1200 calories a day and found it really hard. I just like my food too much. I did manage to get down to around 76kg and felt much better. I think 5:2 would suit me a lot better and am prepared to give it a bash.

Coldtoeswarmheart Thu 12-May-16 23:13:16

Watching with interest, same weight and also thinking of giving it a go.

LunaLoveg00d Thu 12-May-16 23:18:58

Coldtoes :-)

Never wanted to be mega skinny. Size 12 would be lovely though. My daughter is getting to the age she's starting to notice body shapes and fashion, and I don't want her to be embarrassed by her fat mum.

I also hate sport and going to the gym so that doesn't help. I do like getting out and walking, and have an app on my phone called "The Walk" which is great - it's like a thriller story and you unlock further chapters as you move.

Coldtoeswarmheart Fri 13-May-16 21:26:38

Yeah, DS (7) says I'm Slightly Fat. He's right, and it's time!

Will have a look for that app, the nights are getting lighter and I could do a walk after the kids' bedtime soon.

BigChocFrenzy Sat 14-May-16 13:27:07

You are all welcome to join us on the main 5:2 Main Thread #63 for advice & friendly support.
There's nearly always someone around to help

Paffle Sat 14-May-16 13:38:13

I'm v overweight. Needed to lose about 4 stone. Lost 1 stone in 4-5 weeks on 5:2. Have even got my DH interested. I find it much easier than any other diet I've done. Although the fast days are quite hard, I won't lie about that. And I'd say I'm being sensible/relaxed on the other days - certainly not "dieting" per se on those days.

confusedandemployed Sat 14-May-16 13:39:12

I've been doing 5:2 for just over a year, with a fair few breaks. I've lost 1.5st (but put back half a stone recently, although that's halfway gone again now).

I find 0.5-1lb each week is what I lose, but you will get plateaus fairly regularly. However, it does stay off by and large and if you do have a long break (like me recently), once you start again it shifts quickly.

I love not having to "diet" or plan food most of the time. I just basically don't eat for 2 days a week. Job done!

Coldtoeswarmheart Sat 14-May-16 18:50:13

I'm off to the main thread, thanks for the link smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now