Quick advice - can I sub a full days fast with 16:8 for one day?

(3 Posts)
DragonMamma Wed 13-Jan-16 08:24:07

I currently fast on a Tuesday and Thursday, which works well for me.

The problem is I'm going out tomorrow night and it'll be calorific and boozy. I can't fast today because it makes me too shaky to do consecutive days.

Do you think I could do 16:8 from this evening, so have my evening meal by 8pm tonight and go through until tomorrow afternoon as a fast to facilitate me going for a meal tomorrow night?

BigChocFrenzy Wed 13-Jan-16 09:43:58

That sounds a good plan to at least stay within TDEE tomorrow. Try to go say 20 hours after supper tonight, to burn as much fat as possible.

However, weight loss on any WOE is mainly calorie deficit and tomorrow you would be consuming far more than 500 cals on your night out

So, weight loss might slow this week, unless you can fit in another FD, say Friday. If not, just relax about it; you'll be back on track next week.

Think longterm - almost noone manages every single FD. Nail 90% of them and you'll lose well.

DragonMamma Wed 13-Jan-16 11:08:40

Thanks, that's great advice.

I'll try and eat as early as possible tonight and go to 20hrs before I'm out tomorrow. The wine will go straight to my head on no food!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now