5:2 while camping

(7 Posts)
babyoilrig Mon 27-Jul-15 18:22:56

Hi!

I have been doing the 5:2 for a while, but I was wondering if I could possibly ask for some advice.

I am going on holiday to France (mostly camping) for a month in a few days, and I am not sure how to keep up the 5:2.

I usually eat a big egg white omelette for my dinner, but I won’t be able to do this whilst camping.

Could anyone help me out with a sample daily meal plan that involves minimal cooking, or fridge use – but is very filling.

Thanks very much in advance smile xxx

TalkinPeace Mon 27-Jul-15 18:46:33

Welcome to the annual plan for 5:2 .....

24 weeks a year fast strictly
24 weeks a year fast roughly
4 weeks a year stuff that, I'm on holiday

In France I'd say go for lots of fish and steamed veg
minimise carbs (unless its really nice baguette or croissants)
no snacking
and no wine till supper

but basically : its a camping holiday.
Try not to gain any weight but enjoy the break.

happygirl87 Mon 27-Jul-15 18:55:21

Fresh salad with lean protein (ie buy while out?) Have a normal omelette for dinner? Errm swap food for wine?! grin

Breadandwine Mon 27-Jul-15 20:02:45

Cut out breakfast. Saves on preparation and washing up.

Otherwise enjoy your holiday!

babyoilrig Mon 27-Jul-15 21:06:44

thanks very much for the replies smile I was only asking because I managed to put on a stone whilst on holiday last summer (camping) so really don't want to do that again. I guess I could have an egg for breakfast? Tin of tuna with green salad/veg for lunch. About how many calls would I have then (with no snacks and just diet drinks)? Any dinner ideas? Thanks smile

justwondering72 Sun 16-Aug-15 14:29:04

Oh and I have been doing 16:8 for s while and just had a couple of weeks camping in France with our two children. What we did...

Skipped breakfast / just had a couple of cups of coffee, but fed the children cereal / toast / pancakes as usual.
Lunch around 1230, usually bread, tomatoes, charcuterie, cheese etc, plus any leftovers from dinners'.
Dinner around 7pm - usually BBQ meat or fish, with salads and maybe fried potatoes. No desserts except for children. Wine every night;-)
No snacking in btw or after dinner.

We didn't lose any weight and we did eat more bread than usual just because sandwiches are a handy picnic lunch when camping/ travelling. IMHO 16:8 is easier to stick with when out of your usual habitat - same simple rules everyday.

BigChocFrenzy Sat 22-Aug-15 08:33:12

Hi, OilRig I suggest this plan:

. Daily 16:8, which is an 8-hour dating window, e.g. 12-8pm
. No snacks. Eat meals, not junk or takeaways
. Drink lots of water, but no fruit juice
. Keep to safe alcohol limits, which is 1-2 glasses on 5 days, 2 days dry
. No second helpings or "all-you-can-eat" . Only one dessert per day.

That should help keep you at TDEE, without worrying too much about calories.
It gives freedom to just enjoy whatever local produce or local restaurants you find.

Have a great hols smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now