5:2 but gaining

(3 Posts)
SirRaymondClench Mon 14-Jul-14 14:22:33

I started ADF a while back and lost a stone and half and felt great. I was doing a lot of walking too and really toned up.
Then we had a 2 week holiday and when we came back went onto 5:2.
I've stuck to 5:2 but have now gained back 8lbs and haven't been walking as struggling to get time.
I stopped eating sweets (was a big thing for me, I ate a LOT) about 3 months ago and thought the weight would drop off me but amazingly that has been when I've been gaining weight like crazy.
I am in menopause so know I will be battling oestrogen which can make women gain but I just feel miserable.
I feel fat and disgusting and can't seem to get the energy to fast more. I loved fasting before my holiday and it was easy but I've run out of steam with it.
WTF can I do?

TalkinPeace Mon 14-Jul-14 16:47:05

Recheck your TDEE
then log your food on MFP for a week to see if you can work out where the extra calories are hiding.
Drink more water as well : a pint of water every time you would otherwise think about food.

Also, if your exercise has dropped, your TDEE needs to drop (for me its a 400 calorie a day difference)

Sorry to hear your problems, SirRay
Was the 8lb gain all after the holiday ? Over what time period ?
What is your waist measurement and BMI ?

As Tip advised:
. Recalculate your TDEE, but for sedentary
Also, if you are more than a stone above your goal weight, calculate the TDEE for your goal weight at sedentary

Then do 5:2, using mfp for at least 7 days:
. 2x 500 FDs
. 3 NFDs at goal TDEE
. 2 NFDs at current TDEE

It probably is meno changing how your bod responds (10-14 lb seems typical gain among my friends).
Anyway, see if you lose on this stricter regime.

If not, you must ramp up your exercise:
HIIT and Fast Fitness blasts are time efficient and help correct the metabolism.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now