is this a realistic goal?

(3 Posts)
CuppaHorlix Thu 03-Jul-14 11:36:46

Hi everyone

So I started a "modified" 4:3 on Monday. I'm not having 3 full fast days, rather 2x 500cals, 1x<1200cal, and 4x non-fast days.

I intend to workout 3-4 times a week. About 30minutes of HIIT on the treadmill followed by 30-45minutes of weight lifting and "floor" exercises e.g squats, lunges, abs etc. My DH is a runner so I will probably go on a run with him once or twice a week also.

I am 5ft5 and weighed 10st10 on monday. I only plan on weighing myself once a month as I don't want to get too caught up in the numbers (used to be scale-obsessed in my early 20's) so my main goal instead of a specific weight is so comfortably fit back into my pre-children size 8 jeans. At the moment I can just about wear a 10 but comfortably a 12.

I know this sounds vain but I have a family wedding mid-September and would really love to "wow" people by then. I got quite a lot of criticism from my mum when I gained weight with the children and have two stick thin sisters so I'd love to be all "haha who's laughing now" (childish??)

I won't be seeing them before then. Of course I want this to be a long-term success story. I know it's all too common that people shed weight for a particular event then gain it all back. That isn't how I want to be at all! But I would like to at least feel confident in myself as my self esteem is plummeting more and more each day.

TalkinPeace Fri 04-Jul-14 16:29:45

Your goals sound entirely reasonable.
Leap into the big thread and surf the wave of support and optimism as you get lean and mean.

CuppaHorlix Fri 04-Jul-14 17:09:38

thanks so much TalkinPeace. I will probably be in the forum a lot looking for support! My willpower isn't fabulous at the best of times lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now