Fasting 2 days in a row?

(5 Posts)
OnlyGirlinmyHouse Wed 12-Feb-14 10:26:48

I've been doing the 5:2 diet for 6 weeks now & have lost 12lb. I'm quite pleased with that, and am finding it relatively easy to do.

I usually fast on a monday & friday as I work all day those days and its much easier to not eat when I am not at home with the children.

next week though is half term and we're going away from thursday to sunday. We'll be staying with family & having meals out so I don't think it would be feasible (or enjoyable!) to fast on friday next week. I will fast on monday as normal but then unsure whether to fast again on Tuesday? or fast on Wednesday, but I do circuit training on a Wednesday and not sure how I'd feel exercising on a fast day. worried I'll faintgrin

Will fasting 2 days in a row be as effective as spreading them out?

TalkinPeace Wed 12-Feb-14 15:33:19

yes, but its hard work !

newbieman1978 Wed 12-Feb-14 15:41:20

It's fine to do but you'll need to keep busy or you'll feel the pangs!

I've done this before. I felt utter shite when I woke up on the third morning. Never again.

I've done it a few times over the last 15 months since i started fasting to ensure I fit two fasts in and I found the second day easier. I know a few others who have said the same. It's as if you are already in the zone. Give it a go, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another and vice versa. Just make sure you drink shed loads of water/ herbal tea to ward off dehydration.
If you don't manage it missing one fast is really no big deal, just get straight back on it after your break.

You are doing brilliantly btwsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now