weird side effect of 5:2 - anyone else?

(2 Posts)
ilikemysleep Sat 08-Feb-14 20:48:55

I have done 5:2 for a year, not lost much weight as i tend to overeat on non-fast days, but persevered as my cholesterol came down significantly (from 5.4 to 3.9) and I like the sense of control I have now over eating.

Anyway before I started 5:2 I was cutting back and back on my wine drinking as I was recating very badly to it (and probably any alcohol, but I like wine best) - terrible stomach, up all night with diarrhea, and a racing, pounding heart coupled with a sense of terrible anxiety / guilt. This started to happen at first if I drank a lot but it was getting worse and worse so eventually more than 2 small glasses of wine would see my startle awake with a pounding heart and a sense of dread.

Weirdly - this has gone almost completely. Last night (Friday night) i had 3/4 of a bottle of wine and no ill effects at all - no pounding heart, no diarrhea, nothing.

How can this be connected to the 5:2? I am sure it is...might it be a 'less inflammation in the system' thing? And has this happened to anyone else?

Frozennortherner Mon 10-Feb-14 07:25:42

Perhaps your liver has had time to recuperate a bit so it s more effective now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now