shirataki miracle noodles

(10 Posts)
wintersdawn Thu 06-Feb-14 16:28:09

has anyone found these for sale anywhere?
If so are they edible or not?

catsrus Thu 06-Feb-14 16:35:12

some of us have used them - do a search for "superglue noodles" wink

But seriously - I found them both edible (but not tasty) and useful when I was in the losing phase - I keep a few packs in reserve for when I need a low cal fast day (I'm maintaining now having lost 34 lb)

they are a bit well a lot rubbery but on the plus side they absorb flavours. I found trying to use them like pasta was not a success as they were too dominant chewy - but they were perfect for bulking up a veggie stir fry and making it very filling. Use strong flavours like Soy sauce & seaweed and they will absorb it. Half a pack was perfect (4 cals!) beware they DO NOT FREEZE - if you freeze leftovers with them in it then they literally turn into tough strings and ruin the dish.

catsrus Thu 06-Feb-14 16:35:45

Holland and Barrett sell them - and online too.

wintersdawn Thu 06-Feb-14 16:49:44

brilliant thanks for the advice I'll have a look in h and b.

Look for names such as Eat Water, Slim Pasta, Naked noodles

MetellaEstMater Tue 04-Mar-14 18:26:21

DH and I tried these last night with some veg and left over chicken from Sunday's roast. Food them to be excellent and the texture was okay having marinated them in vinegar for a few hours.

HalfSpamHalfBrisket Tue 04-Mar-14 18:28:59

They are fine - you can also get them from Chinese/Asian shops labelled 'konnyaku'.

bestmunchkinsever Fri 07-Mar-14 10:34:24

I tried the slim pasta spaghetti for the first time yesterday. They've been in my cupboard for ages as was worried about the taste/texture and had to psyche myself up to eat them. They were great considering the horror stories I've heard. Ever so slightly rubbery (like overcooked spaghetti actually!), but when mixed with my pasta sauce with some mushrooms and onions they were really lovely (as far as pasta can be lovely).

The best thing is, I felt like I'd eaten a brick for the whole afternoon and had no desire to eat until dinner time. Even then I could have gone longer so they'll be ideal for when I start the fast on Monday.

bestmunchkinsever Fri 07-Mar-14 10:38:37

ps does anyone have an idea how much the generic ones cost? The eat water ones are extortionate at full price!

beamme Sat 12-Apr-14 13:58:44

Holland and Barrett have them in the penny sale at the moment, making it 2 packs for £2:50.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now