16:8, thirding, daily IF

(8 Posts)
BumPop Mon 03-Feb-14 11:09:44

Hi

I am starting 18:6 today. So eating between 12 and 8pm only everyday. I will be sticking to mfp recommended 1200 cals m-f with more leeway at weekends, though sticking to 8 hour eating window.

I cannot do 5:2, have tried and failed too many times, whereas effectively skipping breakfast and stopping nighttime snacking suits me.

Has any one else tried this approach? How did you find it? What were your results?

I am looking at this as a long term solution, which it needs to be cos I have about 5 stone to lose.

Any tips welcome!

I'm sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I have looked.

TalkinPeace Mon 03-Feb-14 17:59:26

lots of us to variants of 16:8
join in the big thread anyway, you'll just have lots of mini fasts rather than two big ones smile

If you achieve a weekly deficit of 3000 cals, you should lose about 1lb, same as on 5:2
Just remember, the 16 hr fasting period is completely zero cals, so just water, black coffee, black tea etc.
If you think 16:8 would suit you, go for it, but do join us on the main IF thread.
smile

luciangal1 Tue 04-Feb-14 09:57:30

I do the 16:8 or more 19/20:6, Monday to Friday i.e. no breakfast, no snacks, drink plenty of water, don't drink any hot drinks, not for any other reason but because I don't really like them apart from a black coffee in the morning. I work out on an empty stomach and I eat two hours after workout (Mon - outdoor run, Tues - Spin class, Wed - PT for weights training, Thurs - Cross trainer/rowing machine and Friday - Body pump class). I don't exercise during the weekend but there I do a proper 16:8, on Saturdays so will have lunch after coming in from shopping and a dinner with the family, Sundays I have breakfast, no lunch (full from breakfast to be honest), I cook a roast dinner which we have at around 6/6:30ish with desert and a couple of glasses of Bacardi and coke! my favourite tipple. I am losing and find that I am not depriving myself of anything skin, hair body feels, looks beautiful lol..... Go for it and good luck.smile

Lazysuzanne Wed 05-Feb-14 11:48:34

I've used 16:8 long term to maintain rather than lose weight, I find it easy to stick to

BumPop Wed 05-Feb-14 21:09:55

Thank you for all the replies. I'm finding it quite easy and bizarrely I am less fussed about what I eat in the evenings now (carbs, no carbs, sugar, whatever). I am eating to satisfy, taste not quantity iyswim.

We'll see what Monday weigh in brings. Hope it's good news, cos I can see myself doing this as a lifestyle.

MillyBlodyn Tue 11-Feb-14 01:06:34

What happened on your weigh in Bum?

BumPop Tue 11-Feb-14 21:05:39

Hi Milly. 3lb down. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now