Lack of interest in food on non-fast days?

(7 Posts)
NewNameforNewTerm Sun 19-Jan-14 17:56:40

5:2 going well and I'm getting into the swing on fast days, but I'm finding that I really don't fancy food on non-fast days. On fast days I really want a jacket potato, pasta or toast. So the following day I prepare it, take a couple of mouthfuls and just don't want it. The family are away for the weekend so I could have what I want today. I've just stood, surveying the contents of the fridge, freezer and cupboard as I'm hungry, but don't want anything that is in there. Is this right?

TalkinPeace Sun 19-Jan-14 22:16:05

go for more tangy flavours and less carbs and more protein - give your system a surprise
strong cheese, nice ham, omelettes, stir fry etc

Shazjack1 Mon 20-Jan-14 08:59:33

I know exactly what you mean. Yesterday on my non fast day I made a bacon sandwich for breakfast, ate half of it and left the rest as I just didn't have any interest in it. I've never done that in my life!

CoffeeBucks Tue 21-Jan-14 08:29:38

I find this happens - especially in the evenings on fast days, I look forward to a lovely enormous breakfast. Then when I wake up I only want an apple & a coffee [hmmm]

Healthier all round though. I usually fast on Mondays & Wednesdays, was convinced I'd be desperate for hot buttered toast this morning but didn't feel like anything when I first woke.

This is why I do double fasts, the second day is always easier than the first.

I then do a separate fast at the end of the week so I've got 2 fasts separated.

MaeveWest Tue 21-Jan-14 12:20:41

wow, never tried a double fast. I did a fast yesterday and could hardly finish a bowl of chopped up fruit earlier. I had coffee with my mum and she had a big scone with jam and cream and I had a healthy bowl of fruit with a bit of greek yoghurt on top. I don't think she believed me that I couldn't finish it! so now that I am here,the day after a fast, I can believe you, but I don't think I could get through the actual fast day itself without the knowledge that tomorrow was a normal day.

Oh ?! Am new to all this (started at new year) and was keeping under 500cals Mon Wed Fri - wondered if that was wrong ?!! Put on quite a bit in the last few months due to ankles injury ( both !) ! Still not resolved so can't exercise much !! Was down to 163 after first 10 days
I had the same non interest in food - then out of nowhere it changed and I was craving cheese and cereal and bread and Chocolate !! Am up to 168 today :-(
Guess I need to start again !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now