How much weight gain through exercise?

(5 Posts)

I lost about 12lbs initially on 5:2 then upped exercise and loss was much slower but I was atBMI20 by then

I did a mammouth week long bike ride last summer and the month before continued 5:2, cut all alcohol and trained fairly hard - put on 2lb but went down a dress size. The week of the ride I put on 4lbs probably because I ate practically every hour

I second going by measurements rather than weight once you get to a healthy BMI

You're at a healthy bmi I'm guessing, so any changes will be slow. Patience!

Banderchang Sat 18-Jan-14 11:00:28

I haven't taken measurements before, Melanie, so have done that today and will monitor these alongside weight. Thanks for the advice.

I'd give any new routine at least a month before changing anything. Your body often takes some time to react to a new regime being thrown at it.

How are your measurments? Has your waist size changed?

Banderchang Fri 17-Jan-14 07:22:05

I know there's some seasoned exercisers out there who can answer this for me. I've been doing 5:2 since May and have always lost or maintained each week. I've always been a normal BMI, but lost a stone and was 9 stone 4 before Christmas (I'm 5'7).

However, since Christmas I've really upped my exercise: lots of walking, started a dance class, and have started 30 day Shred which so far I have done every day. Continued to fast twice a week as usual. This morning I am 9 stone 9!

I did my 2 weekly fasts over the Xmas period as well, since I largely do 5:2 to improve my IBS, so I can't understand how I've gained 5 pounds.

I'm tracking calories on MFP and not over eating on NFDs. I've never gained before, so I'm assuming this must be down to exercise. My question (finally) is whether I will now continue to gain weight weekly and how do I counteract that? 4:3? Dropping calories on NFDs? Help please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now