What's going on??

(10 Posts)
WipsGlitter Mon 13-Jan-14 12:03:38

Started last week, weighted 180lbs on Monday, fasted Tuesday, weighed 174lbs on Wednesday, weighed 180lbs on Thursday morning, fasted again on Thursday. Weighed 174lbs on Saturday and this morning I weigh 181lbs!!!!

I'm eating normally the rest of the time, but not tracking the calories on NFDs, is that where I am going wrong. I'm eating normally so three meals a day, no snacks.

frenchfancy Mon 13-Jan-14 16:54:00

Stop weighing every day. Weigh once a week at the same time wearing the same clothes. Take a tape measure and measure your bust, waist, hips and thighs. You may well see a difference on the tape measure before you see it on the scales.

lubeybooby Mon 13-Jan-14 16:55:16

never weigh anything but weekly, it will fluctuate a lot but there should be an average loss of 1lb by the full end of the week smile

WipsGlitter Mon 13-Jan-14 17:32:07

I like this advice!!! I'll use the Tuesday morning one as my baseline and just weigh in then.

PoshPaula Tue 14-Jan-14 16:18:07

I am doing the same thing (just eating normally, and healthily, on NFD's) and am gaining not losing.

Very disheartening.

I will try and just weigh weekly.

graceholl Tue 14-Jan-14 17:03:50

also made mistake this week of weighing every day.

215, 214, 217, 214, 216, 213.... no freakin' clue.

Going to wait until Friday morning to weigh myself I think...too disheartening otherwise.

WipsGlitter Thu 16-Jan-14 15:33:39

I am still wondering if this is the diet for me. I don't find the fast days too hard, but 1lb a week seems very slow. I have been unable to resist weighting myself again and the pattern seems to be the same!

lubeybooby Thu 16-Jan-14 15:38:02

1lb a week is super healthy though and you're more likely to keep it off and not lose any muscle (which in turn helps you burn more and lose more etc)

ammature Thu 16-Jan-14 15:50:46

I did my first week of 4:3 and have lost 4LB. seemed to good to be true and now wonder if the scales were out. . .

JapaneseMargaret Fri 17-Jan-14 03:58:25

You've only been doing it a week....!

And even weighing weekly can show fluctuations.

It's slow and steady on 5:2, IME. I lose about a kilo a month, which is pretty slow. But it's a gradual loss, nonetheless. And this WOE allows me to enjoy food and wine on my NFDs. While losing weight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now