Lighter life 5:2 fast

(13 Posts)
TalkinPeace Tue 14-Jan-14 20:55:07

MrsMorrison
Don't worry about Southeast. He's harmless.
But those of us who have been in 5:2 land for a while are pretty darned cynical about the "diet food" industry trying to complicate things, so that people fail and they stay in business.

I must be on their hit list because of my no snacking and no reduced fat / sugar foods views grin

Mrsmorrison13 Tue 14-Jan-14 20:53:11

It wasnt you Melanie more directed at the I have a brain in my head comment

I don't see any cheekiness - if that was at me, then I apologise.

Mrsmorrison13 Tue 14-Jan-14 00:32:52

Honestly don't know why people have to be so cheeky in these forums no wonder mumsnet is getting bad press at the moment ! If you can be polite on someone's post then don't post ! It's simple - after all you have a brain in your head do you not ?

mscnile Mon 13-Jan-14 20:28:04

I've never bought 'diet' foods, but manage to fast cheaply, successfully and easily twice a week. Its a rip off!

Southeastdweller Mon 13-Jan-14 20:26:13

No. I don't have money to burn and last time I checked I had a brain in my head.

TalkinPeace Mon 13-Jan-14 19:35:11

anything that sells itself as a diet food should be avoided at all costs

Eatriskier Mon 13-Jan-14 18:26:25

I haven't tried them but I was shocked at the price of them! There are really good quality ready meals out there that cost a lot less. Like M&S's entire fuller longer range.

Mrsmorrison13 Sat 11-Jan-14 23:41:41

I have never done it before so was just exploring the options

Don't know about negative effect- but what's so hard about 5:2? Theres no need for expensive processed shortcuts!

Boiled egg
Tuna salad
Soups
Any of the thousands of ready meals under 500 cals
Veg stir fry
Omelette

Mrsmorrison13 Sat 11-Jan-14 20:59:06

Yeah I was quite sceptical about it too as I love to eat fresh produce, was just looking for an "easy" way to do fast days but I suspect it may have a negative effect x

No. And I suspect that the response will be quite negative.

One of the big attractions of 5:2 is that there is no need for special shakes, bars, supplements. People and companies trying to exploit this for commercial gain cause me to raise an eyebrow .

Mrsmorrison13 Sat 11-Jan-14 20:23:12

Hi , had anyone tried the 5:2 lighterlife fast that can be purchased from superdrug ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now