Lighter life 5:2 fast

(13 Posts)
Mrsmorrison13 Sat 11-Jan-14 20:23:12

Hi , had anyone tried the 5:2 lighterlife fast that can be purchased from superdrug ?

No. And I suspect that the response will be quite negative.

One of the big attractions of 5:2 is that there is no need for special shakes, bars, supplements. People and companies trying to exploit this for commercial gain cause me to raise an eyebrow .

Mrsmorrison13 Sat 11-Jan-14 20:59:06

Yeah I was quite sceptical about it too as I love to eat fresh produce, was just looking for an "easy" way to do fast days but I suspect it may have a negative effect x

Don't know about negative effect- but what's so hard about 5:2? Theres no need for expensive processed shortcuts!

Boiled egg
Tuna salad
Soups
Any of the thousands of ready meals under 500 cals
Veg stir fry
Omelette

Mrsmorrison13 Sat 11-Jan-14 23:41:41

I have never done it before so was just exploring the options

Eatriskier Costa Rica Mon 13-Jan-14 18:26:25

I haven't tried them but I was shocked at the price of them! There are really good quality ready meals out there that cost a lot less. Like M&S's entire fuller longer range.

TalkinPeace Mon 13-Jan-14 19:35:11

anything that sells itself as a diet food should be avoided at all costs

Southeastdweller Mon 13-Jan-14 20:26:13

No. I don't have money to burn and last time I checked I had a brain in my head.

mscnile Mon 13-Jan-14 20:28:04

I've never bought 'diet' foods, but manage to fast cheaply, successfully and easily twice a week. Its a rip off!

Mrsmorrison13 Tue 14-Jan-14 00:32:52

Honestly don't know why people have to be so cheeky in these forums no wonder mumsnet is getting bad press at the moment ! If you can be polite on someone's post then don't post ! It's simple - after all you have a brain in your head do you not ?

I don't see any cheekiness - if that was at me, then I apologise.

Mrsmorrison13 Tue 14-Jan-14 20:53:11

It wasnt you Melanie more directed at the I have a brain in my head comment

TalkinPeace Tue 14-Jan-14 20:55:07

MrsMorrison
Don't worry about Southeast. He's harmless.
But those of us who have been in 5:2 land for a while are pretty darned cynical about the "diet food" industry trying to complicate things, so that people fail and they stay in business.

I must be on their hit list because of my no snacking and no reduced fat / sugar foods views grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now