Vegan and new to 5:2

(8 Posts)
DontBeBlueBeARainbow Thu 05-Jun-14 08:47:15

belly pleco america how are you all getting on?

America can i ask your reasons for avoiding soy as I'm interested in this? Living in the Far East i eat soy products every day...

I'm not a strict vegan but do eat vegan 80-90% of the time and if I don't eat vegan it's normally fish I'm consuming or pasture raised eggs

Totally agree it's actually easier being vegan than carnivore on FD

I have soups and salads on FD and have finally weaned myself onto black coffee as I try to avoid soy and don't really like almond or coconut or rice milk in hot drinks (I'm just about coping with almond milk in tea as I just can't have it black)

plecofjustice Fri 25-Apr-14 12:19:49

I'm not a vegan, but I go vegan on fast days, and am eating a lot more vegan meals during the week. Vegan makes fasting soooo much easier - you get a lot of food for your calories with veg!

bellybuttonfairy Fri 25-Apr-14 01:22:22

Just wanted to say hi. Another vegan here - Ive just started this woe and have one fast day under my belt. Im going to make this a short post as Im off to look at the breadandwines 5:2 vegan recipies.....

DontBeBlueBeARainbow Thu 23-Jan-14 13:53:47

Hi MMM

How have you got on with it?

I am also a vegan who started 5:2 at the beginning of the year. 7 FDs complete so far. I spend a lot of time on the main thread on FDs to keep me going, it's been invaluable to have a support group.

I tend to have a coffee around 10:00 with a dash of soy milk, crudites and shop-bought salsa around 13:00, then in the evening I have a small bowl of homemade soup, or there are some good shop bought ones, with a side of cabbage, or an innocent vegpot if I don't have much in the house. I also have some teas throughout the day, some with soy milk and some fruit teas.

I've found B&W's website really good, it has recently inspired me to start experimenting with some simple breads :-)

What have you been having on your fast days?

MillyMollyMandy78 Tue 07-Jan-14 10:10:51

Ooh, had a look round your blog - look amazing! Some great ideas. Will check out the main site too.

Breadandwine Tue 07-Jan-14 01:00:15

Hi MMM

Nice to see another vegan on this WOL!

I'm also vegan - and I've been 5:2ing for almost two years!

I started off with 3 small meals on a fast day, but very quickly went on to fasting all day and eating a <600 calorie dinner (I'm a bloke).

I have my own blog, and you've inspired me to collate all my 5:2 vegan dishes into one post.

Have a look around the blog, I'm sure you'll find something to suit you. But I'd also urge you to come and join the main thread - we've had loads of new posters since the new year, and you'd be made very welcome. smile

MillyMollyMandy78 Mon 06-Jan-14 18:48:14

I'm about two stone overweight and want to be slim for my brother's wedding in April. I am vegan with a terrible tendency for snacking.

Can anyone help me with ideas of what to eat on fasting days. I want to have lunch and dinner on those days, but feel stuck except homemade soups, porridge etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now