Searching for others with lots to lose...

(8 Posts)
Geckos48 Sat 04-Jan-14 19:58:32

I have to lose 8 stone.

I really enjoy the support from everyone of course but I am interested to hear particularly from people who need to lose so much or have lost as much.

I am hoping to lose 4 stone by the end of April using 5:2 or possibly 4:3 when I am used to it and eating healthy food. I am wheat intolerant and have stopped eating it entirely which is obviously really helping.

Thanks

Geckos48 Sat 04-Jan-14 20:37:16

Just me then!

MrsSippy Sat 04-Jan-14 22:46:15

No, me as well. I think I have about 7 stone, but have not weighed myself yet.

The big start is on Monday...

Geckos48 Sun 05-Jan-14 00:03:34

I had my first fast day today. Unfortunately it has had the side effect of me not being able to sleep. I'm up at 6am for work, oh joy.

lexcat Sun 05-Jan-14 21:55:18

Started the 5:2 about feb last year lost over 2stone. Took bit to really get into it as suffered from the cold on fast days,so was only really good at keeping on track
once the weather was better.
Started to slip again round the end of oct and gave up for christmas. Plan to start again as felt much better in myself when fasting. Plus still could do with loosing 4-5 stone.
Found I sleep really well when fasting sleep has gone out the window over christmas so looking fowards to getting my sleep pattern back.

TalkinPeace Mon 06-Jan-14 16:44:41

there are lots of people on the main thread with long journeys ahead of them.
Pile in, introduce yourself and they will find you.
Lots of people only really post on the big threads ....

graceholl Tue 14-Jan-14 17:05:08

I have about 4.5 stone to lose (which is the most I've ever had to shift, so it feels a lot for me)!

nouvellevag Tue 14-Jan-14 18:36:24

I'd ideally like to lose around the same as you, OP, or even a bit more. Feels so far away, and it's so long since I've been anywhere near that thin, that I'm just aiming to take this a week at a time and see where it goes. If I can take off even two stone to start with I'll be happier than I am now, and more able to be active. Then I'll try to incorporate more exercise, and go from there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now