Plateau?

(2 Posts)
misspopsicle Sat 26-Oct-13 17:28:14

Hi all! I've been doing the 5:2 since the end of July and have lost 15lbs. I'm really enjoying it and can see me sticking to fasting for the rest of my days now. My only problem at the mo is that I've been the same weight for 3 weeks now - dead on exactly the same every week (177.2 lbs!). Is there any way I can kick start my body into losing again? Any tips? I do have a really irregular menstrual cycle of between 4 weeks and 4 months and I get bloated so it could be down to this...

Hi miss have you read the main thread which is now at 29? Lots of good advice on there and stories similar to yours so have a look if you haven't already. It is quite normal to plateau and almost everyone does. Apparently every now and again the body reaches a "set point" in weight at which it wants to stay. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will start to lose again eventually. Meanwhile as strange as it seems you will probably still lose fat/inches and even though the scales don't move, your clothes will feel looser. Don't ask me how it happens it just does. It's great.
Anyhow, can't recommend the main thread enough so pop in there when you get chance smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now