Please could someone talk me through 16:8?

(8 Posts)

I've been doing 5:2 for a few weeks now and doing well on it, but it makes me tired and horrid to my children. My husband is away next week, so I thought I would have a bit of a break and do 16:8 instead. Do I eat normally but less often or restrictcalories in for 16 hours but not for 8? And how many calories do I restrict to?

Thanks!

Anyone?

KatoPotato Fri 04-Oct-13 11:59:21

I had some success with this, but kept forgetting and would have something at 9pm then forget to wait until 1300!

I was restricting to 1200 (plus excercise) as that's what I do every day!

Willing to try again if you want a buddy?

Thanks Kato. I will try to do 1000-1200 then and give it a shot next week - Mon, Weds, Fri ideally. Then eat normally on the days in between. I tend to walk on those days, but not get a lot of proper exercise other than the inevitable chasing kiddos and carrying laundry up and down stairs which I seem to do interminably.

KatoPotato Fri 04-Oct-13 16:43:30

Okay, we can start on Monday!

Good stuff. I'm in the US, so 5 hours behind. I guess I'll eat between 11 and 7.

KatoPotato Fri 04-Oct-13 22:40:25

Does that mean we can easily remind each other we shouldn't be eating?

I've just obliterated two Reese's cups...

Hi kato are you still 16:8ing today? I'm toying with just doing a full on fast and seeing how it goes. I'm being very strong now sitting next to a toast eating toddler and not swiping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now