Help starting 5:2 - few Qs.

(5 Posts)
chickchickchickenkeeper Sun 22-Sep-13 14:26:01

Thank you smile

Breadandwine Sat 21-Sep-13 01:32:29

Hi chick

There are several threads about diabetes and 5:2/fasting on the 52fastdiet forum. Here's one of them:

www.52fastdiet.co.uk/medical-conditions-f30/topic1918.html

If you stick 'diabetes' in the search box on there, you'll get quite a few hits.

Tips right about not needing to buy a book - save your money. All the info you'll ever need is on these two forums - Mumsnet and 52fastdiet.

ATB, B&W

Talkinpeace Fri 20-Sep-13 20:50:47

Do not bother with a book.
These threads were here before any of the books - some of us even got mentions in Michael Mosely's website!

Have a look at the tips and hints thread and then dive headlong into the big thread : its a happy place

AngieM2 Thu 19-Sep-13 20:22:31

I can help a bit with the night thing. On my last night I have my last food around 5am then go home to bed (at 8ish). Get up around 2-3pm and either don't eat at all (back in bed at 10pm) or eat something like a boiled eggs/omellette and salad or dutch crispbread things around tea time. I then try to go through to lunch time the next day so it's a very easy 37 hours with little or no food.

chickchickchickenkeeper Thu 19-Sep-13 16:42:43

I keep hearing people telling me how good they feel on this so I would like to start. I have had a look at some websites but not bought any books (yet). I am 26, Type 2 Diabetic, have a BMI of 39.9 and work 3 nights a week (12hr shifts). I have started swimming, and increasing how long/far I walk the dog.

Got a few Qs smile

What book/s would you recommend?

Being diabetic - any specific tips on what to eat or avoid?

Nights - is this going to make it harder?

Think thats it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now