It's taken me 13 weeks but I have now lost a stone

(12 Posts)
BillNighyfan Thu 31-Oct-13 23:16:28

I've been doing 5:2 on and off since after Easter - I seemed to lose about half a stone really quickly which was great, then it slowed down a bit and went a bit off the rails over the summersmile now I've bought new scales which just make me want to weigh myself every day ( A Bad Thing! Especially as weight fluctuates by a couple of pounds each week, and even goes down a pound or so between early morning wees...oh dear..) But overall I've had to get DH to make another hole in my jeans belt as it is too big, and people who I see once a week have commented on the difference they can see, which is really encouraging. In general I think this is a way of eating and attitude to food that I feel I can stick to - although it's not that easy if I'm not that busy (ha!) - much easier when I'm out at work and can get through the afternoon very easily.I've never been any good at sticking to other diets - I like food too much -but I feel really motivated to stick to this steady sustainable approach. Keep at it, everybody!!

whyno Mon 28-Oct-13 16:46:47

Wow! Well done. Jealous grin

fussychica I've been doing this since January and after 13 weeks I had 'only' lost 9 lbs (no cheating) it does seem to drop off some and take longer for others like me ! 4 kg Off is an amazing achievement ! BUT 10 months on I'm 18 lbs lighter and down by 2 dress sizes., my waist is 6 inches smaller. I really look so much better. I'd still like to be 7lbs lighter but as this WOE is so easy and sustainable I'm in no particular hurry anymore. In Jan I was so desperate for it to hurry up and drop off... Just keep going and it'll keep coming off...

fussychica Wed 16-Oct-13 17:18:15

Progress still painfully slow - 13 weeks in and only 4kgs down and I don't cheatsad but I'll keep going. Bit worried that I'll struggle now it's colder but I want to drop another 2kgs before I go to 6:1. I do have a couple of holidays before Xmas so it will be unlikely I'll make my target by the end of the year.

GrandstandingBlueTit Wed 16-Oct-13 01:06:21

You're doing really well.

I measure in kilos as opposed to stones, & it's taken me 7 months to lose just over that amount. And I'm happy with that, as I have probably gone over 500 cals on my fast days, and besides, I can see me doing this forever so if it's slow progress that's just fine. Besides, my BMI is 21.7, so it's not like I now have much to lose (just another 2 kilos to get to my goal weight by the time I turn 40 in Dec smile ).

Keep it up. As eatriskier says, in a year you'll be 4 stone down. The alternative, a year down the track, is not having done it, and not having lost any weight.

BecauseYoureGorgeous Tue 15-Oct-13 23:00:05

Congrats.

MarshmallowCupcake Tue 15-Oct-13 22:59:28

I've lost 2 stone since January so definitely the slowest weight loss I've ever had but I'm feeling positive that this one is a keeper! I will go to 6:1 when I'm happy with my loss to maintain. I can always add in the odd 5:2 week if I feel I'm slipping. I made the mistake in wearing a pair of jeans I've not worn for a while, they looked ridiculous on me by the end of the day! Gave me a good feeling but certainly made me cringe when I saw myself in the mirror!
Well done on your weight loss

IsleOfRight Tue 17-Sep-13 23:16:29

Oh wow that has totally inspired me. Would love to lose 4 stone!

eatriskier Tue 17-Sep-13 21:36:58

Congrats! Just think, a year at that rate and you'll nearly be 4 stone down (though you may not have 4 stone to lose of course)

fussychica Tue 17-Sep-13 18:06:30

Congratulations!
I've been going 9 weeks and only lost 2.5ks - disappointing but I'll keep going and hope it improves.

RippingYarns Tue 17-Sep-13 12:01:35

congratulations!, that's really good going

fancy joining us on this thread?

not all of us are using the same eating plan, but would love to see you

IsleOfRight Mon 16-Sep-13 23:09:00

Hooray. just another three to go and even then I'd still be overweight!

That's almost a pound a week and includes two holidays in which I only did it half heartedly and a few days slight cheating.

I do keep wanting to up it to 4/3 but am struggling with that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now