Bad headaches on fast days.

(2 Posts)
classifiedinformation Mon 02-Sep-13 16:06:06

Hi,

This is my fifth fast day and although I am finding it fairly easy to cope with feeling hungry, I am getting terrible headaches.

I know I need to up my water intake which should help, however, I don't drink any less on non fast days but have no headaches. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what helped you?

Thanks in advance.

KatyPutTheCuttleOn Mon 02-Sep-13 22:21:38

This may be a silly question, but you are fasting for two days and eating normally for 5 aren't you?

Headache

This common problem has many causes. Headaches during a fast could be due to dehydration or hunger, poor rest, or the absence of addictive substances such as caffeine or nicotine.

A moderate and balanced diet, especially not missing the pre-dawn meal, taking in enough fluids and, if necessary, some painkillers such as paracetamol, can help prevent or reduce the risk of headache.

Headaches can also be prevented by not exposing yourself to direct sunlight, wearing a hat when out, using sunglasses to reduce the effect of glare from the sun and relieving any tense muscles with a short, gentle massage.

from here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now