Can you/do you work out on fast days?

(10 Posts)
Spanglemum Sun 25-Aug-13 16:47:19

hi
I'm new to this, planning to go at it properly when school holidays finish. I like going to the gym and working out. I would normally burn about 500 cals. Would it be ok to do that on a fast day?

Sorry if this is obvious

spanglemum

Fingerbobs Sun 25-Aug-13 19:03:48

Hi there, I've run for an hour which would be about 5-600 cals - I think that's the most I'd do, though, and I do it in the evening after I've eaten. I have done 35 mins on a cross-trainer in the morning, although depressingly despite being knackering that was only 250 cals so I admire your gym ability!- I tend to save all my cals til the evening. So the short answer: yes, I think it's possible.

AngieM2 Sun 25-Aug-13 19:27:19

Yes, definitely, have done a 2 hour session and the same the next morning (though less energy the morning after).

BellaVita Sun 25-Aug-13 19:29:52

Yes I do.
I have worked out on both mornings and afternoons of fast days. Prefer mornings tbh.

CockyFox Sun 25-Aug-13 19:38:15

I can go for a run on the morning of a fast day but if I do I struggle later in the day and generally need an early night, so I tend not to.

I usually do, ideally exercise first thing and fast until dinner, but on a work day I have to exercise in the evening and eat really late which is not much fun. I do what I feel like, whether it's a 10k run or 40 mins on the elliptical trainer.

I always work out fasting, whether its a FD or not.

frenchfancy Tue 27-Aug-13 16:13:28

I run on fast days, generally before eating (so about 22 hours after having eaten). No problems, if anything I prefer it to running on NFDs.

Spanglemum Mon 02-Sep-13 13:42:51

Thanks everyone. Sorry I went away for a few days so mumsnet and fasting fell apart. Back on it now though...

spanglemum

mumblechum1 Mon 02-Sep-13 13:43:42

Yes, I also do my normal Zumba hour on fast days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now