Starting 5:2 Monday....

(12 Posts)
classifiedinformation Thu 15-Aug-13 19:22:34

Advice and tips gratefully received! I bought a 5:2 book a while ago as it really appealed to me, but only just taking the plunge. A friend of mine has had good results from this which has encouraged me to bite the bullet.

Does everyone have all their 500 cals in one meal, or do you split it? And how do you cope with being hungry until your body gets used to this way of eating?

I want to lose 1.5/2 stones, how much success has everyone else had with this diet?

Thanks.

ShoesAndPsychology Thu 15-Aug-13 19:39:08

Hi Class, I too have had the book gathering dust for a few months & have now decided to give it a go on Monday. Every other woman out there seems to be losing weight on it if my facebook's anything to go by. I'll be looking out for tips too, I think most people seem to split it & drink water when hungry?!

classifiedinformation Thu 15-Aug-13 19:52:24

Hi shoes! I have read that it is better to have the 500cal in one meal, but I know that will be hard for me and I will probably try to split it between brekkie and my evening meal. I will be attempting to drink shedloads of water and some herb teas as well!

I am going to up my exercise too as I have just signed up for swim membership at my local leisure centre.

Shlurpbop Sat 17-Aug-13 21:04:18

Hi! Im going to be starting this on monday. No book but ive got google! My colleagues husband has done amazing on this so im hoping for similar results smile
Anyone up for online weigh ins?!

Kelly281 Sun 18-Aug-13 20:02:19

I'd like to start this tomorrow too. I haven't got the book either - is that a necessity or can I do without it? TIA

Breadandwine Sun 18-Aug-13 21:00:08

All the info you need is here, in the OP of this thread:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/fasting_diet/a1820028-The-5-2-thread-number-25-One-year-on-from-Dr-Mosleys-Horizon-ep

Including a link to the original Horizon programme.

Join in the discussion - you'll be made very welcome.smile

Shlurpbop Mon 19-Aug-13 07:48:51

Hi Kelly, nice to know someone else is starting today smile Whats your other fast day going to be? Im thinking wednesday as thursdays are my day off and I like to go out for cake! Good luck! Will come back here thks evening and update.

classifiedinformation Mon 19-Aug-13 12:05:10

How is everyone doing? I'm struggling a bit watching my DS eat his lunch!

Shlurpbop Mon 19-Aug-13 20:26:52

Hi, i actually found it ok. I was at work (mainly sitting, office) and had filling soup for lunch and dinner, with lots of water and fruit inbetween. Dont think I'd manage a day when im off with my 2 year old though!

classifiedinformation Tue 20-Aug-13 13:26:49

I had a bowl of porridge for breakfast then salad leaves with half a tin of tuna for dinner. I had tea and water in between and felt very hungry and got the most horrendous headache by 5pm.

I managed my daily swim though and got to 38 lengths, so that's not too bad. I'm slightly dreading my next fast day.

Shlurpbop Tue 20-Aug-13 21:31:13

Good going classified - no idea how you managed a swim too! Whens your next day? Mines tomorrow confused

classifiedinformation Thu 22-Aug-13 08:32:27

My next fast is today, but a bit disappointed as I seem to have put on a pound since last week. Early days I know, but still a bit crap considering I am swimming every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now