Ringing ears on fasting days

(6 Posts)
ZipIt Fri 27-Sep-13 11:23:12

How weird - I had this (quite strongly) on my last fast day, too. I didn't actually relate it to the fasting till I read this. I wonder whether it will happen next time....

very odd - I just noticed this yesterday too. I have ringing most of the time, but it did seem to be more noticebale at the end of yesterday's FD.

Sophiste Fri 20-Sep-13 10:09:38

Have you ruled out dehydration? It's easy to get dehydrated on a fast day (due to missing out on the water content of food) and I believe it can cause this very annoying symptom. (NB I am not medically qualified).

Jimb0 Thu 19-Sep-13 21:28:47

Ears ring while fasting
I found your post looking for information on this very topic as ringing happens to me too. I fast Tues. and Thurs. as part of my paleo diet to fight autoimmune symptoms. It's working great except for the increase in my ears ringing. They ring anyway, but much worse when fasting. All other symptoms, and there were many (symptoms of MS, lupus, Crohns etc.) are 95% gone, but the ringing is worse after about 24 hours at fast. Does anyone know about this or have experience with it? I am in otherwise excellent physical condition, no high blood pressure, fit and active, 6 ft, 180 lbs.
I am male, 47, suffered autoimmune symptoms for about 5 years after getting dengue fever. No doctors could help me. Started paleo style diet and now incorporating fasting.
Thanks in advance.

Breadandwine Fri 16-Aug-13 10:59:59

Not heard of this problem before associated with IF.

If it persists, maybe go see your doctor, it's possibly the onset of tinnitus and your fasting is just a coincidence.

Good luck! B&W

DontActuallyLikePrunes Thu 15-Aug-13 10:59:53

That's it, really: my ears ring when I'm fasting. It's driving me crazy.
What's causing it and is it a sign of a 'problem'?
I'm fine otherwise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now