Fasting in Patagonia

(56 Posts)
wildwater Mon 29-Jul-13 17:21:49

Hi everybody! I can't work out which is the latest thread...so have decided to start my own! Maybe some of you will join me...or else let me know which thread to go to. (I suspect it's over #26 by now, but can't find it...)

Everything is going really well up here in the Andes. The weather has been perfectly settled & glorious for the last two weeks. Two days ago we climbed the mountains behind El Bolson - right up past the snow-line. Walked through the most amazing carved forest...all sorts of animals & figures lurking there in the snow! Took lots of photos. Wish I could post them here, but...?

We are continuing to fast as usual. No harder to do than anywhere else. Probably eating more on non-fast days but then I think I have reached 'goal weight' (probably under 60kg but no scales available to check) so that's OK. I am walking everywhere and feel full of energy.

I am loving my 'new' body. Things like putting my hands in the pockets of my jeans and finding my hip-bones! Now, when I see my shadow in front of me, it looks good. (Before 5:2 I would see my shadow alongside people I was walking with, who looked normal, and decide that wasn't really what I looked like at all - but how we fool ourselves...)

People here are really interested in 5:2. Everybody has noticed the difference in my size from 7 years ago! Our host is fasting along with us, and he says he already feels much better.

LL and I are still looking around for a piece of land to build our house on. The piece we were thinking about fell through, but I am pleased about that as it was outside the village. I want to be able to walk into town rather than have to catch the bus. Fun to look around, and have the choice.

Hope to hear from other 5:2ers soon.

Chau for now (smile)

BsshBossh Wed 23-Oct-13 14:15:48

That asado sounds yummy. From your observations, why do you think Patagonians are generally slimmer and Chileans generally larger?

wildwater Sat 14-Dec-13 15:36:50

Greetings from one of the most beautiful ends of the earth, in the mountains of Patagonia.

It has been a while since I checked in here. In the meantime LL & I were married (after 12 years together) and our new house is taking shape across the road - the roof beams are going on as I write, which is very exciting as now we can see the profile of the finished house.

We continue to follow 5:2 , although we both took our wedding day off! My weight is where I want it (just under 60kg) and I am enjoying yoga three times a week. I often do some yoga on the other days too. My midriff loves me for itsmile

Am hopelessly 'up' at the moment, enjoying the full flight of Spring and having a wonderfully clear space for my self for the first time in ages.

Wishing you all the very best for the coming silly season. (Thankfully fairly muted where I am.) My best gift this year will be knowing how simple it is to get back on track weight-wise even if I end up eating a little too much on the day.

Breadandwine Mon 16-Dec-13 10:09:57

Lovely, WW!

Would love a photo of the happy couple - and perhaps the odd mountain?

Have you tried again to start a blog? I found it very easy on Blogger - although Wordpress is supposed to be better.

wildwater Mon 16-Dec-13 11:01:07

I would happily post a photo...but this site just won't upload for me! (I have tried many times.) Blogging is impossible too, as I am not using a sim-card for this area, which apparently makes all the difference. When I manage to get someplace where iPads are supported (nowhere in Chubut!) hopefully I'll get the issue sorted and be able to share on a wider platform. smile

Breadandwine Fri 20-Dec-13 05:05:49

You have mail, WW!

wildwater Fri 20-Dec-13 18:04:09

Muchas gracias B&W thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now