5:2/4:3 Shredders!!! Tips...motivation... results!!

(269 Posts)
monster54 Wed 24-Jul-13 20:51:24

I know that I struggle with exercise...I've ordered the DVD and am going to take some measurements and check in here!!!

Anyone else who wants to join in LET'S GO!!!!!!

HellesBelles396IsDeeplyUncool Fri 26-Jul-13 22:02:41

VVV She's just very firm about what you need to do. It is hard work but it is only for 20 minutes and you can do anything for 20 minutes smile

monster54 Fri 26-Jul-13 22:06:03

vv it goes so quick!! Well worth it!! Feel so virtuous!!! And feels like it will tone up and shift last few pounds for me!!!

VulvaVoom Fri 26-Jul-13 22:25:55

God, MN is so good for me and lots of us I guess.

I feel like you guys are all making me WANT to be fitter, healthier and thinner in a way that SW classes never did - I will never get that bloody time backsmile

We will all be toned and more importantly feeling GOOD in no time!

Can I just say that if you have an extra 5-8 minutes at the end of your shred, do extra slooooooow stretches? Do what she says but spend twice as long on each stretch, and hold furniture when you quad stretch.

It really will stop the 'cant walk down stairs/ wash hair' next day thing.

monster54 Sat 27-Jul-13 07:14:57

Woooo well official weigh in and another pound down. Try not to sabotage that this weekend now!!!!

Little achy from jillian but will rest today and poss squeeze in 20mins tomorrow if I can.

vv I'm there I'm totally with you on that feeling. We can do this!!! My 30's I'm going to look my best!!!!

HellesBelles396IsDeeplyUncool Sat 27-Jul-13 07:38:48

Add in a pretzel-stretch and a couple of back stretches - maybe a spinal twist and a swallow dive with a slow roll-up. Ooh - and a triceps stretch. And a calf stretch and a...

Or do this still brief but better stretching sessio ;

Jillian

monster54 Sat 27-Jul-13 18:24:00

The aches have got worse as the day has gone on!!

Glad I'm resting today!! Hoping to get back to it tomorrow!!

BetsyBell Sat 27-Jul-13 19:03:33

Monster I was surprised to find that I ached less after doing my 3rd day in a row than after the 2nd! Yesterday morning I was really stiff and today absolutely fine (I didn't Shred today).

Make sure you do extra stretches after the dvd cooldown. Where do you ache most? Try and stretch those muscles more after your next session.

I must look up what a pretzel stretch is! hellesbelles

monster54 Sat 27-Jul-13 19:21:51

Oh yes pretzel stretch is great but not something I could do on my own!!! Need someone shouting direction!!!!

Arms, which I expected my upper arm strength is ridiculously weak!!! And glutes and upper thighs....

Yes agreed stretching is not enough on the DVD, I will take some more time when I give it another go on Monday, but I haven't done any exercise in blinking agessssss!!!!!

<googles pretzel stretch>

monster54 Sun 28-Jul-13 12:37:05

Resting again today, still pretty sore. But going to start tomorrow!!

BetsyBell Sun 28-Jul-13 13:37:54

I'll be joining you tomorrow monster - first thing smile Are you fasting tomorrow too?

Fasting and shred/ swim planned as DH working unexpectedly. Wasn't going to fast til Tues but gets it out the way and I ate lots yesterday.

monster54 Sun 28-Jul-13 14:06:39

Yes fasting tomorrow!!! But will do it in the evening. Can't bare to get up any earlier than I already do!!!!

Mil this pm 'wow you've lost a shed load of weight' thanks yes I'll take that thank you!!! She sees me on a regular basis too!!!!

Ooh yay MIL.
L1d5 done, still can't do more than 3 full press ups. Can't remember how long it took for me to do them last time around.

Was really tired today before I started but actually it was ok and I think if I hadn't been tired it would have been quite pleasurable - definitely much less hard than a week ago.

But I remember L2 - and I'm staying on L1 til I'm Natalie standard on all moved. Even if it takes a month. There's no rush, I want to do it properly and not injure myself by rushing at it like I did before

monster54 Mon 29-Jul-13 07:41:40

Don't worry tandd I was doing the girlie ones!!! And still struggled. Sounds like you are pushing yourself and that's what gets the results and the changes in your body!!!

And I'm with you, I only an to shred mon-fri so will take me a lot longer than the 30 days but I also won't move on till I'm comfortable at the level.

Still sore today from Friday!! How do people cope with that? I want to shred tonight but not sure I'll be able to do a squat yet ha ha!!! Just grimace through I pain I expect!!!

BetsyBell Mon 29-Jul-13 08:54:08

L1 D4 Done! I'm rubbish at proper push ups as well - I do the knee ones but it's still hard so I figure it's doing some good anyway! I don't why I find them so impossible - I'm fine at everything else. The day I can do them properly will be the day I know I am truly fit!

I'm only Shredding 3 times this week as I'm going on holiday but I'll join back in when I get back.

I felt less achey once I'd Shredded on Friday - so grimace through and hopefully feel better afterwards! (But don't forget the extra stretches - should be aiming for 10mins of stretching - hold each of her poses for double time and then add some of your own.)

monster54 Mon 29-Jul-13 10:44:11

betsy my upper body strength had always been naff.

Slightly I admit very envious of the holiday. Is killing me everyone getting away. Nature of my job the school break is very busy for me. Ho hum!!! September is my time!!!

I will extend the stretches for sure tonight. FD here and I know it's going to be a tough one with shred thrown in there too!!! Just had a coffee break and need to load up on some more water!!!

I've been pushing for 2-3l a day the last 3 weeks and difference in my skin is unreal....

BetsyBell Mon 29-Jul-13 11:24:12

monster You've just reminded me I need to chug down some water smile

September's the best time to have a holiday! I miss September hols.

monster54 Mon 29-Jul-13 18:26:52

I know I am useless!! Easily forget. But been so good recently. It's hard to keep on top of everything. Super FD!

Had nothing but water, but I'm pooped. Got grilled chicken salad for tea. Just need to get my shred in after bedtime.

Someone scream at me!!! Waivering muchly!!!! Urrggghhhh wish I had the time first thing!!!

BetsyBell Mon 29-Jul-13 18:29:25

monster YOU CAN DO THIS! Think how amazingly good about yourself you will feel when you've done it!

I BELIEVE IN YOU MONSTER!!!

monster54 Mon 29-Jul-13 19:35:33

betsy I could kiss you in a big sweaty teAry emotional mess!!!

Read your words and went for it!!! MUCH better second time, felt comfy with the moves although still little sore from Friday. Had a ton more stretches in at the end.

Feeling good and has actually killed off some of my ravenous end of FD appetite!! Strange!

HairyPotter Mon 29-Jul-13 22:02:12

L2D4 done here! Oblique twist are horrid. sad I'm still struggling with the planks and the last squats with the arm lifts. Ouch! I really should use lighter weights until I find it easier.

Managed C25K after dinner as well. I wouldn't normally do both on a FD but it was raining so hard last night, I think I would have been swept away. grin

BetsyBell Mon 29-Jul-13 22:37:23

Monster YAY! It's a great appetite suppressant.

Tired and hungry at the end of a fast day. Hopefully I'll have some energy for tomorrow morning's session!

Hairy You've done Shred and a run on a fast day?! shock [impressed face]

HellesBelles396IsDeeplyUncool Tue 30-Jul-13 07:18:22

Ear infection. Bah! No shredding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now