Get me back on track!!!!!

(6 Posts)
plecofjustice Tue 02-Jul-13 13:54:46

I've "failed" a bit too recently - over the last month I've been so busy and stressed at work that a fast on top would just push me over the edge. I've been keeping to 6:1, but no more than that and not a lot of exercise - been at work until 9pm most days, so no time.

I'm not worrying. I know I've put on weight, but not a huge amount. Just gotta get back on the wagon in July and get it sorted!

frenchfancy Tue 02-Jul-13 07:07:34

If you fail on a fast day ie eat something you shouldn't don't think "sod it I've failed" you need to think "oh dear I shouldn't have had that, never mind today will be 700 cals rather than 500"

Failure is for diets, this isn't a diet it is a way of eating so YOU CAN'T FAIL.

And don't have an end date, a I'll do this until my holiday or until I've lost x lbs, this is for life. If you keep it up to some degree the lbs will stay off.

elsie07 Mon 01-Jul-13 20:31:27

I have nothing helpful to suggest except to say your post gives me the fear slightly as I worry I will 'fall off' also. I haven't missed one fast day since I started this 4 months ago and don't intend to miss any as I think it might lead to general slippage.

suecy Mon 01-Jul-13 20:07:58

Oh thanks that's interesting - I've only ever done proper days rather than 24 hours across 2 days.
That sounds like it's worth a try, ta.

notadoctor Mon 01-Jul-13 19:37:55

I am absolutely not an expert as I've only just started so hopefully someone wiser will be along soon but for me what seems to be working is picking a different time of day to fast to fit around other commitments/ days I'm busy etc so for example some evenings I work until 8pm and on those days I might fast from 2pm - 2pm so have a normal lunch at 1pm, a 250 calorie tea at 8.30pm that evening and a 250 calorie breakfast the next day then a normal late lunch at 2pm to break the fast - that way j don't feel like I'm missing out too much. Could you vary the times of your fast at all?

suecy Mon 01-Jul-13 18:42:41

I did 5:2 very successfully earlier in the year, losing 20 lb in 3 months! Fab! Have now fallen off the wagon so to speak and haven't managed to do a week properly since then - resulting in 8lb going back on.

Am now 4 weeks away from my summer holiday and am desperate to get back to what I was but I just can't seem to do it - my attempts at 500 days end in failure and I seem to be adopting a f*ck it I'll eat/drink anything approach once it goes wrong.

I can't remember how I did it so well! I think it's all in my head - I can't remember what the right attitude felt like.

PLEASE help me get it back - how does your mind work during the 2 days - what do you do or think differently? I need your inspiration NOW!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now