How long have you been fasting and how much weight have you lost?

(89 Posts)
ChocolateBiscuitCake Mon 24-Jun-13 19:40:20

Have done my first fast day today and struggled...was fine until children's tea time and then became like a woman possessed at not being able to pick at their spag Bol! I was grumpy and snappy the rest of the day!

Desperate to lose last stone of baby weight (done 2 already) and need to focus on the task at hand.

Would love to hear the positive outcomes of fasting so far, please smile

bibliomania Thu 15-Aug-13 12:03:45

Half a stone in two months. Not as impressive as some, but I'm pleased. Instead of fasting from morning to night, I more usually do early lunch then 24-hr fast (with 1 or 2 smallish snacks) then late lunch the next day. It feels pretty easily and sustainable. I haven't stinted myself during non-fast days. If I can keep losing weight slowly under this rather relaxed version, I might as well go with it.

fussychica Fri 23-Aug-13 12:58:19

6 weeks - nothing - FFS.

randomwhistle Fri 23-Aug-13 17:56:36

I lost 17lb in 5wks its my 6th weigh in tomorrow. I'm doing 4:3 every week. Drinking at least 3 litres of water a day (no other drinks). I'm vegetarian and low carb on fast days. I have 3st left to loose. So far my BMI has come down from 33 to 29 last week. I can't wait to be in a healthy range!

Claricemis Mon 26-Aug-13 12:43:27

Fasting day 3: 2.2 pounds so far. Feeling really good. But I have 42 pounds to go.

randomwhistle Mon 26-Aug-13 14:36:48

Claricemis you will get there! I lost 5lb at this weeks weigh in. I still have 2st to go (3 if possible) but I'm determined.

Elizabethk1966 Wed 28-Aug-13 06:47:03

Started yesterday! Surprisingly coped really well... Mantra ' it's only 1 day' yo yo dieted for years usually ww. But feel deprived with ww no light at the end of the tunnel! 5:2 seems much more appealing. Weighed 11.5 this morning weighed 11.1.5 😃 aware average is 2 lb pet week I would be delighted with that! Goal is 9.10 good weight for me fit any size 12 then. That's my aim! Didn't eat at all until dinner as eating a breakfast would have started my hunger! Kept busy more importantly kept focused! Short term goal - cousins wedding 5 Oct want to be 10 10!! Read the book really easy read,read in a day or so dipped into it last night in bed to keep me focused. Watch this space!

Bluecatfabric Sun 20-Oct-13 09:15:58

I have been doing it about 3 months and lost a stone and an inch off flabby bits.
Dh has lost the same. I now have bmi in normal.

Kaluki Tue 22-Oct-13 11:26:36

6 weeks and I've lost 5lbs. The only week I didn't lose any was a week before my period.
I've lost about an inch off my muffin top as well!!!

BsshBossh Wed 23-Oct-13 14:11:20

I call this the thread of inspiration so am bumping for newbies.

I've been fasting since February 2013 and have lost 30 lbs so far (to add to the 3 stones I lost in 2012 doing basic calorie counting - 5:2 is by far the easiest and least boring of the two). Have 9 lbs left to go.

Lilacroses Fri 25-Oct-13 23:51:24

Have been doing it for 6 weeks and lost 10 lbs. Really pleased with that. Have found it very easy and convenient. It has made me realise how much crap I was used to eating. Have a stone to go, feel fine about it. Dp has been doing it too and has lost 16 lbs. We both feel it is very sustainable because of its part time nature. Good luck to all.

somewherebecomingrain Sat 26-Oct-13 15:06:36

Hi I've been doing it about 5 months. I've lost 14-17 lb (it's moving around a bit) and 4 inches off my waist.

I've gone slower than some but it's felt right.

HelenMarina Thu 07-Nov-13 14:19:08

These messages are really inspiring! I'm on my first fast day today and feel really positive about this! Have lost 4 stone with WW but getting disillusioned with it now. Hope 5:2 is more sustainable for me!

Chocrock Wed 13-Nov-13 14:30:50

6 weeks, I have lost 10lbs
Hoping to lose my target of 21lbs by xmas then switch to 6:1.....
Good luck everyone!

MissWimpyDimple Mon 25-Nov-13 21:21:24

Just done my 4th fast and really struggled through it. But weighed myself this morning after 2 non fast weekend days and had lost 4lbs so I do feel motivated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now