Has anyone been doing 5:2 combined with MFP?

(6 Posts)
VenetiaLanyon Mon 24-Jun-13 13:11:24

Seems to be going well for me so far (starting 4th week), but would like to hear any success stories, or, equally, any reports that this doesn't work after a while...

stinky Tue 25-Jun-13 11:11:50

I have and its been working brilliantly, I also use endomondo to track exercise and the calories burned is immediately uploaded to mfp. Ihave been doing this since end of February (after a particularly indulgent skiing hol ����). I started at 75.6 kilos and am now 59 ��������. I am 168 cm (5'6") and am now buying size 8!!! It's a fantastic way of eating as nothing is denied. I was low carbing which does get results but is restrictive.

stinky Tue 25-Jun-13 11:12:46

Oh dear sorry abt that my smiley faces failed!!

it depends what you mean by combining...ideally you should have MFP set to maintaining, not losing, then you eat to around TDEE apart from your two 500 cal days. Is that what you're doing? That's pretty much what I did and lost 20lbs in about 12 weeks.

VenetiaLanyon Tue 25-Jun-13 22:28:32

No, Postmanpat'scat, I'm setting MFP to lose rather than to maintain. 20lbs loss is fab, btw.
That's good to hear that it's worked out for you, Stinky smile

I have mine set to maintain. I don't tend to eat to tdee just because I'm full enough, but do eat over the 1lb loss target. I've lost 2.5 stone now in just over 2 months. The brilliant thing with this wol is that you really only have to diet 2 days a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now