Probably been asked before but when did you notice any weight loss with 5/2?

(7 Posts)

I dropped about 4lbs the first week and averaged just over 1lb a week from then on, reaching 18lbs in around 11 weeks. I started maintaining and doing 6:1 at the beginning of May and have lost another 6lbs since then.

Scrazy Wed 26-Jun-13 11:22:57

I lost about 9LB on this diet, although I wasn't strict enough and was on it for as many weeks leading up to a holiday. I noticed it working 3 weeks in.

However, I obviously stopped it when I went away and although I didn't overeat, especially as I lost my appetite part way through the week. I banged some of the weight back on really quickly.

Weight works in an odd way. The first week my scales dropped 5lb but I don't think I noticed anything, I was just too blobby. By week 2 my new trousers I'd gotten to fat for started fitting well - yes new trousers really! By a month I was fitting into some of my lower sized stuff and my tummy that made me look 6 months preggers was majorly reduced.

It may depend on how much you need to lose though, I'm almost halfway to target now but I think that the first half will be more noticeable than the second half, iyswim

mayaswell Tue 25-Jun-13 22:15:02

I'm in my second week, so third fast day today. This may sound mad, and I may regret it but I'm not weighing myself. I'm just taking the view that this is what I do now, fast two days a week, I hope that I'm going to get thinner (I really need to lose about four stone) but I just know if I keep weighing myself I'll become too focused on the 'diet' which will be a negative.
I may go for a third fast day every week, or try 16/8 if I can. I'm excited. I feel really positive. Lets hope it's the change I need to stop being fat.

I only started last week and I lost 2lbs. It's early days though so Id be interested to hear from others!

Cat98 Sun 23-Jun-13 23:00:55

I noticed weight loss after a week but then stayed the same the following week. Still early days for me smile

orderinformation Sun 23-Jun-13 21:11:49

Sorry if been asked before. Have just started 5/2 and keen to know when you noticed any weight loss. I didn't weigh myself before starting so just planning to go on fit of clothes and comments I receive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now