Probably been asked before but when did you notice any weight loss with 5/2?

(7 Posts)
orderinformation Sun 23-Jun-13 21:11:49

Sorry if been asked before. Have just started 5/2 and keen to know when you noticed any weight loss. I didn't weigh myself before starting so just planning to go on fit of clothes and comments I receive.

Cat98 Sun 23-Jun-13 23:00:55

I noticed weight loss after a week but then stayed the same the following week. Still early days for me smile

I only started last week and I lost 2lbs. It's early days though so Id be interested to hear from others!

mayaswell Tue 25-Jun-13 22:15:02

I'm in my second week, so third fast day today. This may sound mad, and I may regret it but I'm not weighing myself. I'm just taking the view that this is what I do now, fast two days a week, I hope that I'm going to get thinner (I really need to lose about four stone) but I just know if I keep weighing myself I'll become too focused on the 'diet' which will be a negative.
I may go for a third fast day every week, or try 16/8 if I can. I'm excited. I feel really positive. Lets hope it's the change I need to stop being fat.

Weight works in an odd way. The first week my scales dropped 5lb but I don't think I noticed anything, I was just too blobby. By week 2 my new trousers I'd gotten to fat for started fitting well - yes new trousers really! By a month I was fitting into some of my lower sized stuff and my tummy that made me look 6 months preggers was majorly reduced.

It may depend on how much you need to lose though, I'm almost halfway to target now but I think that the first half will be more noticeable than the second half, iyswim

Scrazy Wed 26-Jun-13 11:22:57

I lost about 9LB on this diet, although I wasn't strict enough and was on it for as many weeks leading up to a holiday. I noticed it working 3 weeks in.

However, I obviously stopped it when I went away and although I didn't overeat, especially as I lost my appetite part way through the week. I banged some of the weight back on really quickly.

I dropped about 4lbs the first week and averaged just over 1lb a week from then on, reaching 18lbs in around 11 weeks. I started maintaining and doing 6:1 at the beginning of May and have lost another 6lbs since then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now