Fat, Sick and nearly dead -juice diet

(19 Posts)
Khayman Wed 14-Aug-13 20:21:00

I did feel hungry at the beginning but just remembered to keep drinking. Most of the weight came off quickly but for the last week i have moved to eating a couple of meals alongside the juice just ensuring my calorific intake is in deficit each day therefore continuing to lose.

Nancy66 Wed 14-Aug-13 10:42:18

Well done khayman - did you feel hungry at all?

Khayman Wed 14-Aug-13 07:40:06

I watched this documentary about 7 weeks ago and it changed my life. I started the juice diet the next day. I started as a big guy (over 19 stone)and now weigh in under 17 stone. Really pleased with the results.

terrapierce Fri 09-Aug-13 15:12:46

Thought I would share this as reading this has got me back in the mood! For anyone, who like me is too lazy or doesn't have the time to make the drinks themselves theri is a website www.mrjuice.co.uk where the 3 day detox is on offer, looks like a new website. It is £49.95 which is a lot of money but it is actually cheap compared to other sites. I paid nearly £200 for my detox which I got into a lot of trouble for with my other half. Might give it a go and report back.

terrapierce Fri 09-Aug-13 13:20:32

Just found this thread and had to reply with my experiences. I did a juice detox a couple of months ago. Actually bought them off a website as I was a bit too lazy to go out and buy a juicer and then spend all that time making the drinks, from what I read you need a lot of fruit just to make 1 juice. Don't ask how much it cost!! Anyway I did a 7 day detox and lost just over a stone. It was tough but so worth it as I fealt really good about myself and people said I was literaly glowing! Would definitely recommen it to people.

MagzFarqharson Fri 19-Jul-13 23:18:10

Thanks lolly - got through the week til now, Friday night, but want to eat my own arm. Did you notice an improvement in your skin after only 5 days, .....or is it my imagination??

Think I'll copy you and have a veggie evening meal tomorrow night- thanks again! grin

lollydollydrop Fri 19-Jul-13 00:01:41

I am currently on Day 8

lollydollydrop Fri 19-Jul-13 00:01:19

Hi Magz, I did a 5 day juice only fast before switching to juices for bfast and lunch and an evening meal (all veg, fruit, nuts and seeds)

Day 2 and 3 were the worst for me so stick with it through this period and it will get easier!

MagzFarqharson Wed 17-Jul-13 00:56:48

Hi all,

Chirps, did you lose a stone in 7 days??

Just finished day 2 of 7 day plan . Finding it vv difficult - I KNOW it's mental hunger and not physical, or whatever the guy says, but next Monday seems like an eternity away!

Would be grateful for any tips - please smile

Chirps Tue 16-Jul-13 22:52:27

I've done the 7 day juice diet, a stone came off and then nothing the next week (low calorie that week butnot juicing) to be expected. I wasn't hungry, it's a lot if work but for a week really focused me. 2 things were really hard, I had a headache that knocked me for 6 and didn't shift at all! And I'm allergic to apples and pears so I had to substitute pineapple in all the juices, my mouth felt rubbish and fury lol!! I'd try it again though. Hunger wasnt a problem, especially when your mind knows its a short term focus

goodasitgets Thu 11-Jul-13 01:24:29

I've recorded it. Having cholinergic urticaria his story interested me

Breadandwine Wed 10-Jul-13 17:09:53

Oops - that should read Ch5! blush

Breadandwine Wed 10-Jul-13 16:36:15

This film is on Ch4 at 8.00pm tonight - brilliant and inspiring!

Well worth watching!

We juice every NFD anyway because it's a brilliant way of getting lots of vitamins into us (DH mainly) first thing in the morning, I combine it with dating as a way of eating better and maintaining.

I try and make one NFD a week a juice and raw food day, mainly because I get bored just drinking juice and it's a faff making so much of it! And also I still eat with the children. So raw veg (I tend to avoid fruit other than in the juice), nuts etc

plecofjustice Tue 02-Jul-13 13:59:04

I'm not convinced about juicing, I have to say. Juicing fruit makes the sugars much more accessible to the body, so more likely to experience sugar highs/lows. I don't think these are conducive to a fast.

However, I usually go raw and vegan during my 5:2 days, for ease of food creation and maximum food for minimum calories. I've used this site a lot
www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/
and
www.rawfoodrecipes.com

for inspiration. I recently bought myself a dehydrator and a spirooli machine for making veg noodles - great investment. It's brilliant to be able to have "pasta" and sauce on a fast day for under 100cal using courgette or cucumber to make the noodles.

monster54 Tue 02-Jul-13 11:35:06

ATB I'm intrigued about your juice/raw day?

What does this consist of?

Slumberparty Mon 24-Jun-13 09:41:19

Yes the first three days were the hardest. It is a lot easier now though. I think having one juice fast day a week may be what I'll do once I've finished the fast. I'm so worried about putting on all the weight I've lost. I know some will go back on but don't know how to stonily all going back!

Yup and did a three day juice fast, couldnt hack longer than that so back to IF and one day a week do a juice/raw food day

Slumberparty Fri 21-Jun-13 12:24:57

Has anyone watched the film on YouTube 'Fat, sick and nearly dead' ? Sorry on phone so cant link. I was wondering if anyone has tried juice fasting, for how long, and how/if they kept the weight off?
I've been having nothing but fresh veg and fruit juice since Monday now and lost 9lbs so far! Started of at 180 lbs so very happy with the results so far. I am planning on following it for 15 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now