Anyone doing the 6.1 diet?

(5 Posts)
Hugsandkisses Thu 13-Jun-13 16:16:23

I have been doing the 5.2 since April. I don't really need to lose any weight tbh, but would still like some health benefits. I know the health benefits are going to be reduced if I do 6.1 instead of 5.2, would I still get some health benefits if I choose to go down the 6.1 route? also I would have to be more strict with what I eat on the non fast days wouldn't I? Am I making any sense? smile

BsshBossh Thu 13-Jun-13 18:15:02

I think 5:2 will give the greater health benefits just by virtue of being more frequent but 6:1 is the standard recommendation for those not wanting to lose weight. Try it and see. If you put on weight then do 5:2 for a bit. I find intermittent very flexible in that there are so many different ways of fasting. Some of the ones I know include:

5:2 (500 cal meal)
5:2 (normal meal at the end of 24 hours eg Eat Stop Eat)
5:2/6:1 (zero calorie 36 hour fast)
6:1 (500 cal meal)
6:1 (normal meal at end of 24 hours)
16:8 daily (or 5 days a week) (fast 16 hours, eat only in 8 hour window)
Fast 5 (eat in 5 hour window only)
Meal skipping (skip lunch or dinner etc to provide a fasting window).

I got to goal weight using standard 5:2 but am maintaining using a combination of the above depending on how I feel (I'm a bit fickle at the moment). But no weight gain so far (in fact, a bit of weight loss).

Experiment with what works best for you. Personally my ideal is still a minimum 24 hour fast at least once a week.

BsshBossh Thu 13-Jun-13 18:16:05

*I find intermittent fasting very flexibile, I meant to say

Hugsandkisses Thu 13-Jun-13 19:33:41

Thank you so much for that information bsshbossh yes I will give the 6.1 a diet, I didn't really think I could be more flexible blush I thought I had to stick to the 5.2 for the rest of my life. I still want to carry on doing the fast diet but just be a bit more flexible, you've put a nice light on things smile.

BsshBossh Thu 13-Jun-13 19:44:30

Enjoy! Since reaching goal weight I've done 6:1 but this week couldn't manage a full long fast so opted for 16:8 all week. Happy cause getting multiple 16 hour fasts in at least. See? Flexible smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now