First Fast day is tomorrow .....

(135 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Mon 10-Jun-13 20:30:47

Feel very anxious about tomorrow's lack,of food!

Here's my plan

Breakfast : 1 crumpet with a smidge of spread and cup of tea 130 cals

Lunch: 2 Aldi sesame crackers, slither of ham and satsuma 120 cals

Dinner: tin of Baxters scotch broth soup 130 cals, yoghurt 90 cals

2 cups of tea during day.

Does this sound good?

BellaVita Sat 13-Jul-13 11:31:30

I have lost 3/4lb this week and agree with you Bacon, not the quickest of diets!

BaconAndAvocado Fri 12-Jul-13 22:58:18

Weighed in the same today, 9st 4lb, so total loss of 5lb in 5 weeks.

Not the quickest diet I've ever been on but
A. Hopefully as its coming off more slowly it will stay off.
B. loving the feast days!!

delilahmoo Thu 11-Jul-13 09:22:38

Fast day 3 for me. I too get a bit of a buzz out of it (weird). On third cup of tea with splash of skimmed milk, pot of jelly after swim before I start work at 12 (in a restaurant, so busy no time to think of eating so always fast on work days) will have roast chicken this eve, 200 cals, with kale and broccoli mixed with chilli and lemon juice ( find a need something spicy on fast days) throughout the say fizzy water and flat water. I am hoping to loose just under a stone, and along the way gain health benefits and learn how to curb and control my eating. Good luck all!

BellaVita Wed 10-Jul-13 16:04:47

I can normally pass on the ice creams so I really do not know what went wrong, I would take a chocolate bar over cream any day...

Fasting today, I have also been to the gym and burned 389 cals on the treadmill to make up for said magnum.

I know what you mean on the 'cant think thing'.

BaconAndAvocado Wed 10-Jul-13 15:53:29

Crap, not cramp!

BaconAndAvocado Wed 10-Jul-13 15:52:59

Ah, the white chocolate magnum challenge, eh? DH loves said delicacy so they are always around! Wish we had a combination lock on our freezer!!

1st day of 2 consecutive fast days.......not a good idea as I now can't think, but tomorrow I can have that biscuit, and tomorrow I can have that cadburys flake Nd tomorrow .......hmm

May just do weigh- in tomorrow and pass it off as a cramp week....will power where are you?!

BellaVita Tue 09-Jul-13 21:48:10

I seem to go up and down...

Bacon, last week I felt ravenous.

I succumbed to a bloody white choc magnum tonight, I could slap myself, really I could. It is a feast day thankfully but I was just about to my limit on cals.

Fasting for me tomorrow.

BaconAndAvocado Tue 09-Jul-13 20:53:11

that not thar

BaconAndAvocado Tue 09-Jul-13 20:52:37

Sorry to hear thar hilly

I 'm not looking forward to weighing in asI've been all,out of kilter this week. Going to,have to do 2 consecutive fast days if I want to do a proper week.shock

Not sure if I can, feel constantly ravenous this week and managed to scoff a whole - yes, whole- bag of jelly babies a couple of days ago. At least it was a feast day.........

hillyhilly Tue 09-Jul-13 09:09:46

Ffs, all last weeks weight loss appears to be back on after what was not too bad a weekend or so I thought.
I seem to be totally stuck around 10 stone, when I was maintaining 9.5 easily a year ago. Grrrrr

Cat98 Fri 05-Jul-13 09:17:51

Good luck with the weigh in marshmallow!
Katy - sounds like you're doing brilliantly!
On my fds I've got into a pattern now where I have no breakfast (just coffee), sip sparkling water all morning, and have a light lunch (100-150 cals at about 12), then a slightly more substantial tea at 6.30. That seems to work for me - tried going all day with no food and a 500 cal tea but couldn't do it, was just too hungry by lunch and started to feel nauseous.
I do try not to eat from after tea on a fast day until lunch time on the next day though.
It's a lot of trial and error isn't it - what patterns work best for you.

MarshmallowCupcake Thu 04-Jul-13 23:11:54

This is the second week in a row that I've not been able to weigh myself so really looking forward to next weeks weigh in! I've lost 1st 9lbs at least (was 1 st 8 3/4 two weeks ago)
Been doing it since end of January and its most definitely a way of life! I love the fact that you can just move your days about if you need to and if you're craving, just say, I can have it tomorrow! So much better than WW where I had to,wait for my treat till after I had been weighed.

KatyCustard Thu 04-Jul-13 22:51:55

Everyone's doing really well! I'm just finishing my 4th fast day (not consecutive days!) I didn't eat anything at all today until about 6.00pm apart from a cuppa soup at work because I left the tuna salad I made at home! Doh! So I've had about 300cals today - is that allowed? I'm finding that I actually find it easier when I fast for longer periods i.e. dinner on a feed day at 6ish and then nothing till 1pm the following day. If I have a tiny breakfast it seems to kick start my body wanting food and then I'm ravenous! The only time I've had a headache was around 4pm today but by that time I'd unintentionally done around 22 hours fasting apart from the cuppa soup! I don't think I'll make a habit of that!

Scales this morning said -5lbs lost in two weeks! But I think I have more than most to lose. I was 13st 12 when I started and I'm about 13st 7 now. And I'm 5ft 5.5inches, so a bit of a podge! (But must invest in good digital scales. My cheapo Dunlem ones with a dial are hard to read!)

Loving this diet, it has to be said! I'm not even thinking of it as a diet now, just my way of life!

hillyhilly Thu 04-Jul-13 13:06:48

Thanks all, it was the soup as another lb off this morning in addition to yesterday's plus one, so I've lost 3lb in about 2-3 weeks (I started the shred before 5:2).
Sadly I went over on my ankle last night and its really sore so no more shred this week, hopefully it'll be ok by Monday.

BellaVita Wed 03-Jul-13 22:38:13

Well done everyone.

Hilly, you will get there.

Hope you feel better to tomorrow Bacon.

I had a normal 1200 cal day on Momday, but boy was I hungry, lord knows where that came from because since I started 5:2 I haven't felt hungry at all.

Fast day today, was stressful and busy at work this morning but luckily managed to hold off eating till lunch.

I am losing weight but in the wrong bloody places. My collar bones stick out now and DH said tonight that my ribs were sticking out. But yet my tummy is still there hmm. My legs and bottom have also lost weight. Why can't it go in places it needs to go most eh?

BaconAndAvocado Wed 03-Jul-13 22:09:46

Don't get disheartened hilly

I think this diet means you lose weight slowly, over the long term which has to be a good thing.

Had the lurgy for,past couple of days so gone "off diet" somewhat. Will try and resume fast day tomorrow if I feel any better.

Must check calorie content of a Lemsip.......

hillyhilly Wed 03-Jul-13 20:29:23

Well I managed my two fast days consecutively though I was really hungry at times yesterday, because of the kids swimming I didn't get dinner til 9pm by which time I was ravenous!
I was also mighty pissed off that my weight loss was only 1lb today, my "official" weigh in day where its been 2lb for a few days. However, dinner was late and was hot & sour soup with lots of soy which I think causes fluid retention or something as I always weigh heavy after it so ill try again tomorrow, I want another lb off soon not the same one I already lost!!

Cat98 Tue 02-Jul-13 14:14:22

Hi everyone!
Sounds like you're all doing well and welcome to new people smile
I am on an fd today. Had 1 Ryvita, light laughing cow cheese triangle and a carrot for lunch (just coffee for breakfast). Dinner tonight is a recipe I found on a blog for 400 cals per portion, if its nice ill add it!

Total loss now appears to be 4lbs (im on my 4th week) so it's going down! I tried a mini fast yesterday too where I fasted all day but ate a full (non calorie counted but not really fattening) meal at dinner time. And no treats or snacks. It went ok so I think I'll add in one of those weekly as well as the 2 proper fast days.

Good luck to everyone else fasting today!

BaconAndAvocado Mon 01-Jul-13 16:14:03

I don't see why not hilly

I don't know any of the "science" side of,the 5:2 though confused

You're very brave weighing yourself after a feast day! But, good for you being 2lb down!

hillyhilly Mon 01-Jul-13 13:32:54

Posted too soon! My problem this week is that the only other day I could fast is tomorrow.
As a one off is there any reason I shouldn't do this really?

hillyhilly Mon 01-Jul-13 13:31:58

It definitely seems to be working, I'm always heavy on a monay after weekend excesses but this morning I am at least 2lb down!
I'm on a fast day today, had a poached egg for breakfast, just tucking into a prawn salad

BaconAndAvocado Mon 01-Jul-13 12:49:39

bella yes I know roast potatoes are the work of the devil! But a roast without them, for me, would be one step too far grin

Strangely, I'm not fond of la mash, unless of course it is swimming in cheese and butter!

funny welcome to Fat Fighters 5:2 smile

I've lost 4lb in 3 weeks but I stayed the same in week 2, keep going, it does work!

Funnyfishface Mon 01-Jul-13 09:30:20

2 fast days last week. Weighed this morning and not lost anythingsad

Does it take a while to start losing? I have 10 pounds to lose

BellaVita Sun 30-Jun-13 21:57:19

Bacon, I never have potatoes, especially roasted ones. They do nothing for me although I did roasties tonight for everyone else. I prefer mash <drools> but I am outnumbered on what everyone else likes. If I did do mash, I wouldn't be able to stop at a spoonful so it is easier not to do it.

I had cabbage, cauli and carrots with a slice of beef.

mamageekchic Sun 30-Jun-13 19:32:05

I'm starting again tomorrow. Planning on surviving on water until lunch if at all possible, I may need to have a black coffee too. Then:

Lunch- small bowl of porridge made with skimmed milk, grated apple and berries

Dinner- small chicken breast and homemade ratatouille (just veg, tinned toms and herbs)

Evening snack- low fat yoghurt and berries

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now