First Fast day is tomorrow .....

(135 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Mon 10-Jun-13 20:30:47

Feel very anxious about tomorrow's lack,of food!

Here's my plan

Breakfast : 1 crumpet with a smidge of spread and cup of tea 130 cals

Lunch: 2 Aldi sesame crackers, slither of ham and satsuma 120 cals

Dinner: tin of Baxters scotch broth soup 130 cals, yoghurt 90 cals

2 cups of tea during day.

Does this sound good?

Anjou Tue 11-Jun-13 23:16:27

Good luck for tomorrow, Prickles! smile

Cat98 Wed 12-Jun-13 07:17:33

Good luck prickles and virtual high five for all us novices who succeeded yesterday! We completed our first day!

I am wondering about not eating today until 10.30am because I last ate at 6.30 last night and that would be the 16 hour gap that is supposed to be so beneficial, right? I couldn't do a 16 hour gap on the actual fast day I don't think but this would count, wouldn't it?

MummyDuckAndDuckling Wed 12-Jun-13 09:17:13

Can I step in?! grin

I've done 5:2 in the past but never kept to it for longer than a few months. I did drop a few lbs but didn't keep to it but I'm determined this time.

I'm off to body pump at gym shortly so haven't ate yet, just a cup of tea when I got up with dd. I've got a big watermelon waiting for me when I get home so that will keep me going till later when I can get for some shopping!

I usually try to have a boiled egg and a few rice cakes with laughing cow cheese as late in the morning as possible then usually a big salad around 6ish with cucumber, some roasted veg, maybe a small tin of tuna or some roasted chicken/turkey.

My fitness app is really helpful. The cals add up at a crazy rate otherwise.

Good luck anyone starting today!

Cat98 Wed 12-Jun-13 14:12:19

good luck mdad!

Normal day today, is there a guideline for my normal days or can I basically eat what I like (within reason?!) I am finding conflicting reports on the web.
I have been less hungry today than usual tbh!

BaconAndAvocado Wed 12-Jun-13 14:25:48

Hello Fellow Fat Fighters smile

I got through my first fast day. Woohoo!

Very strange though because yesterday I didn't stop fantasising about all the yummy, naughty stuff I would eat today and now it's here I actually don't feel the need to go mad and don't think I'll eat my full 2000cals.

What's that all about?

Hats off to all of,you who exercising as well on fast days, wow!

Cat98 Wed 12-Jun-13 15:00:44

Well done B and A! I'm the same - just not that hungry! Though I really enjoyed my ham and tomato roll I had for brunch today smile

I have just planned my second fast day this week for tomorrow, any feedback welcomed:

Breakfast - 2 ryvita with 1 laughing cow light cheese triangle
Lunch - carrot and celery sticks with half a small pot of jalapeno hummous
Dinner - 2 turkey bacon rashers, tin of plum tomatoes, mushrooms in fry light, and half a slice of toast

drinks - sparkling water, 3 coffees (almost black), peppermint tea
Should come in at 490 cals according to mfp!

MummyDuckAndDuckling Wed 12-Jun-13 15:01:28

Cat, from what I understand you can eat what you like but tbh, I think it would be best to stick to no more than 1500-1750 cals (this is what I would do).

I'm actually wondering if I might just try 'healthy eating' for a few weeks then start 5:2.

I'm undecided confused

MummyDuckAndDuckling Wed 12-Jun-13 15:03:09

That sounds good cat! Best to plan it out so you are no tempted by something else then end up eating to many!

Lots of veg is very very low cal, so make the most of them!

BellaVita Wed 12-Jun-13 15:40:33

Well done Bacon!

On non fast days I stick to around 1200 calls.

Fast day for me today, have had 0% Total Yog with a spoonful of blueberries, , tin of ww chicken noodle soup, gala apple, 2 coffees, 1 peppermint tea and a gallon of water. Just been to the gym and burned 330 calls on the treadmill and cross trainer. Tin of ww soup for tea.

BellaVita Wed 12-Jun-13 15:41:54

Cat, I think planning is the "key" word!

Well done everyone grin

Purpleprickles Wed 12-Jun-13 18:07:32

Thanks Cat and Anjou. I've found it a lot easier than I expected so far but this is my main eating/piggy time so I'm nervous about tonight. So far I've had a banana and a slice of brown toast and I have a ww meal to cook for dinner. I didn't think I'd be able to go without breakfast but I did so I got to eat my banana this pm on the way home from work. I just hope some weight comes off. I'm doing my second day on Monday so my week will be weds to weds. I'm doing the same days as my friend so it's a bit easier...hopefully.
Well done to all of you who got through your first day!

BaconAndAvocado Wed 12-Jun-13 19:05:25

Thank you smile

Just had chicken tikka masala and rice for,dinner but a smaller portion than usual.

cat I've also planned tomorrow's fast day:

Brekkie: 1 crumpet and smear of spread

Lunch: Aldi crisps 65 cals
Tesco bean salad, half 95 cals

Dinner: 1 chicken thigh with salad (not sure cals on this)

4 cups of tea

Then weigh in Friday morning!

Cat98 Wed 12-Jun-13 20:08:03

Well done purple! You're doing great.
Bacon that sounds good.
I think I've feasted a little too much this evening, after being pretty good all day I've had a mahoosive portion of chicken thighs, noodles and veg with oyster sauce, followed by chocolate cake and a large glass of wine, and then a few wispa bites! Oops!
Never mind - fast day tomorrow.

Cat98 Wed 12-Jun-13 20:08:56

Thanks bellavita and mdad!

Anjou Thu 13-Jun-13 00:44:23

Woohoo! You're all doing great! smile I can't believe I wasn't ravenous when I woke up this morning. Around 9:30 I had a bowl of cornflakes with unsweetened soya milk (yeuch! I binned it & I'll be going back on the stuff that's sweetened with apple juice) & 2 slices of toast with butter & marmite. Then I didn't have anything until about 4:30, when I had an oatcake with a wee bit of cottage cheese & pineapple and a small apple. I was shock when I totted up the calories and it was something like 450! I wasn't intending to have a fasting/super low calorie day (I was just busy) but I can't believe how many calories are in so little food!

Then I went out for calzone & drank lots of chianti, so I reckon I'm up to about 5000 by now. Sod it! grin

I'm fasting again on Friday. Quite excited as I bought some 10 calorie ready made jellies today. Wondering if I should just have about 40 of those ....

Keep it up chicks!

BellaVita Thu 13-Jun-13 06:16:41

Low cal jellies Anjou? Tell me more...

I am bloody well looking forward to my roast ham sandwich (on super lovely bread) for my lunch today blush. We are out for tea tonight as it is DS1's 16th birthday, he has chosen to go out for an Indian. Cannot do the gym as I need to make him a cake this aft as soon as I get in from work. I asked if he wanted a "birthday cake" and he is like <cue loads of sighing> "nah mother". So a compromise has been made and he loves a fresh cream Vicky sponge, so that is what he will get grin.

Second fast day tomorrow.

Anjou Thu 13-Jun-13 13:25:04

Hope the cake baking goes well, Bella. Thankfully, my kitchen endeavours are all savoury. If I made desserts I'd be in trouble, I think!

The jellies are by Hartleys. I picked up apple & water melon and mango & passion fruit at Asda. I've checked & rechecked and its definitely only 10 calories! gringringrin

Although I'm fasting on Friday too, I've a play date at a friends house & I'm really hoping she doesn't bring out the nice biscuits!

Purpleprickles Thu 13-Jun-13 19:17:06

Everyone sounds like they are doing so well. I've tried to eat sensibly today and have decided I'm not snacking anything now I've eaten my dinner. I'm also off for a power walk shortly too. I weighed myself this morning, I know I shouldn't but after the fast day I was 2lb lighter. I was shock it could have such an effect.

Bella enjoy the Indian, I love Indian and Anjou it sounds like you did amazingly well today.

BaconAndAvocado Thu 13-Jun-13 21:10:14

Those jellies sound fab anjou

Fast day 2...... All gone well and it's been loads easier than the first day.

Weigh in tomorrow morning, cue Star Wars musicsmile

Well done everyone and let's keep going!

BellaVita Thu 13-Jun-13 21:51:07

Cake turned out well. Indian was lovely. Fast day tomorrow plus the gym and on Saturday I am going to have a "light" day - not quite fasting but not eating the 1200 cals I usually have just to make up for what I have had today. Had a small piece of choc cake and a biscuit at work which I wouldn't normally have and I do not want to comprise yesterday's fast day or tomorrow's by over eating in the middle.

I had lost another 1lb this morning, so all going in the right direction.

Going to look for those jellies Anjou. As long as you count the biscuit in you will be fine.

Well done on your weight loss Pickles. It does give you a boost doesn't it when you can see the 1lbs going in the right direction.

Bacon, let us know how your weigh in goes.

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sat 15-Jun-13 11:05:55

There's a great pull out magazine in the mail today with lots if low cal recipes and meal ideas. Worth a read grin

Cat98 Sun 16-Jun-13 08:13:36

How's everyone doing?

I weighed and I've lost 4lbs already! Though I'm sure most of it is water weight so doesn't really count - proper weigh in on Tuesday before my next fast. I'm just hoping only 2 or 3 of those 4 lbs have come back on by then!

I have not been restricting on my nfds, but my appetite has really shrunk. I made roast lamb yesterday and couldn't finish my portion which is really unlike me!

Going to plan my next fast days today, I think they are going to be tues and thurs again. My h is doing it too which will be good I think- his bmi is 25.5 so he wants to lose a bit but the moral support will be great!

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sun 16-Jun-13 08:27:21

Great news cat on the loss!!

I'm def going for it from tomorrow. I've been shopping and stocked up so I'm ready to go for it. Making a pot of carrot soup just now than I can have a mug of here and there

BaconAndAvocado Sun 16-Jun-13 13:53:55

Hi all, weigh in went very well,I've lost 3lbs yippee!!

Looking forward to another week of 5:2!

Keep going everyonesmile

Cat98 Sun 16-Jun-13 16:04:18

Well done bacon! That's great!
Good luck mummy duck too.

Dh wants to know what would be the best lowest cal protein source ('cost effective' - ie what could he have more of!)! To have in a salad. He likes tuna, chicken, ham.. Also is there a good low cal dressing he could have a bit of?

I'm not really a 'salady' person, I prefer raw carrots/celery with a dip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now