What body measurements should I take before starting 5:2?

(5 Posts)
BsshBossh Sun 23-Jun-13 17:58:25

Okay, I measure:
Under boobs
Over boobs
Waist
Hips/bottom
Thighs
Neck
Upper arm

BsshBossh Sun 23-Jun-13 17:57:10

I have veg curry most fast nights - home cooked vegetable curries and dal with tiny portion of rice always come in under 500 cals in our house. Mind you, I bet you meant takeaway didn't you grin

BetsyBell Sun 23-Jun-13 11:11:21

Low calorie curry options are plentiful, one of my winter fast-day staples and there's some fab ideas on the 5:2 recipe thread

Just avoid the naan and rice obviously!

Apparently around your neck is a good place to measure too.

When I started, I measured under my boobs, waist, hips, thigh and upper arm. Couldn't find the tape measure this morning, but last time I measured I had lost 9cm off my waist and 10cm off my hips in two months. I'm now maintaining having lost 22lbs.

Good luck! How about a veggie curry? Or add quorn pieces or prawns? Just lay off the rice unless it's your only meal that day (lots of 5:2ers save all of their 500 cals for the evening).

Erebus Fri 31-May-13 09:41:10

Obvs weight, caculate BMI, waist- but are there any others? Ones that might make one feel more motivated if the first ones don't show a downward trend one week?

Am starting 5:2 on Monday! Will also do Thursday (two work days for me) but a bit of a minefield as that's curry night when my mother (80 and fit enough and slim which is what can happen on a 30 a day habit for 60 years...) stays on after babysitting the DC after school. Obviously I can't have curry (or wine) but I actually don't want to tell her or for her to know. She won't be massively supportive and views being overweight as a character flaw, disregarding that on the 2 occasions in her life she stopped smoking, she started again purely because she didn't like the weight gain...).Hmm, tricky. CAN I tuck into a plateful of veggies while everyone else is eating curry? Have I got time to prepare them when I get in at 6.15pm as the warmed up curry is just going on the table then (DH).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now