5:2 Diet Thread

(971 Posts)
kotinka Wed 08-Aug-12 10:11:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Amberz Sat 01-Jun-13 07:59:50

Sorry just read a Blog about weighing in too soon, and how it can fluctuate will leave t for another week before checking the scales and stick to the plan and do 2 fasting days , the moral in this story dont give up!

Amberz Sat 01-Jun-13 07:43:42

Hi I have done the Fast Diet first time this week, weight myself yesterday scales said lost 5lbs, this morning scales say I have onl lost 2lbs is it my scales?, can I ask how much other people have lost on there first week??, am I expecting too loose too much the first time ?????

THREAD CLOSED

A new thread has been opened since my above posts, so if you'd like to post something, please join us on thread number 17

We soon outgrow the threads, but there's always a link to the next thread in the previous one so come and join us!

THREAD CLOSED

THREAD CLOSED

A new thread has been opened since my above posts, so if you'd like to post something, please join us on thread number 16

We soon outgrow the threads, but there's always a link to the next thread in the previous one so come and join us!

THREAD CLOSED

THREAD CLOSED

A new thread has been opened since my above posts, so if you'd like to post something, please join us on thread number 15

THREAD CLOSED

THREAD CLOSED

A new thread has been opened since my above posts, so if you'd like to post something, please join us on thread number 14

THREAD CLOSED

Ezzza Fri 08-Feb-13 10:46:09

THREAD CLOSED

A new thread has been opened since my above post, so if you'd like to post something, please join us on thread number 12

THREAD CLOSED

Ezzza Tue 29-Jan-13 13:43:02

THREAD CLOSED

Mumsnet threads have a maximum number of posts which is 1000. As this discussion is so popular it has continued over many new threads.

If you would like to continue reading the discussion, here is a link to thread 2.

If you would like to jump in and join the conversation we'd love to hear from you. Please join us on the latest thread to post your comments. As I'm posting this, the latest thread is number 11 which you can find here.

THREAD CLOSED

wendreth Mon 21-Jan-13 14:48:10

I am on my second week of 5:2 my days are Mon and Wed so far lost 2 lbs and although menopausal feel better and sleep better on fast days !

Ezzza Mon 21-Jan-13 01:21:29

THREAD CLOSED

A new thread has been opened since my above post, so if you'd like to post something, please join us on thread number 10

THREAD CLOSED

Ezzza Sat 19-Jan-13 07:29:02

THREAD CLOSED

Mumsnet threads have a maximum number of posts which is 1000. As this discussion is so popular our discussion has continued over many new threads.

If you would like to continue reading the discussion, here is a link to thread 2.

If you would like to jump in and join the conversation we'd love to hear from you. Please join us on the latest thread to post your comments. As I'm posting this, the latest thread is number 9 which you can find here.

In a few days we'll have outgrown this thread too, but there's always a link to the next thread in the previous one so come and join us!

THREAD CLOSED

Angelbex Tue 20-Nov-12 21:02:37

There is an excellent Facebook support group page:

5:2 Intermittent Fasting Diet.

It explains an awful lot about how to fast, the benefits and a huge amount of very friendly support and references.

I do 5:2 and fast for 24 hours from 7pm to 7pm then eat a 500 cal meal after 7pm when the fast has ended! Then return on the up days to eating what I like within the constraints of healthy eating and some occasional treats/rewards and my daily maintenance calories. I have lost 6lbs in 4 weeks and feel great!

Most people on the FB group do this! Most have tried eating 500 cals during the 24 hour fast, either in one meal or split across the day and find it easier and better to eat one meal after the fast ends. It's what suits each individual best!

TalkinPeace2 Sun 11-Nov-12 19:23:58

THREAD CLOSED

Please go to thread 6 - taking time to read 2 to 5 on the way grin
but welcome to the gang once you come to the live thread

THREAD CLOSED

kerri80 Sun 11-Nov-12 19:19:06

i am about 4 weeks into 5:2 diet and would like to know if i could fast between say, after sunday lunch (1pm) to monday teatime?? we have a big lunch on a sunday and since starting this diet i dont seem to be able to eat two big meals a day so thinking i could skip sunday tea n have under 500 cals shared between breakfast n lunch on mon and have a “normal tea” which we would usually eat around 7pm… any thoughts?… (my other fast day is weds which i would do normally)

rainbow23 Fri 09-Nov-12 17:25:17

Hey, I started the diet two weeks ago. I lost 2 pounds on the first week. I'm on the second week and I normally weight myself every Monday but I couldn't help myself and I weighted myself today since my second fasting day of the week was yesterday.
I gained the two pounds. What am I doing wrong?

tink8181 Wed 26-Sep-12 17:31:18

hi, I was just wondering if this board is still running?

One of my friends recommended joining.

I started the 5:2 today and just looking for somewhere to get some support.

tink smile

Yfandes Wed 22-Aug-12 09:15:56

The thread won't have more than 1000 posts, so we need to start another. Fast day tomorrow...

LookBehindYou Wed 22-Aug-12 08:51:12

There is already an adf thread, no?

Laska42 Wed 22-Aug-12 08:34:26

um why do we have a new thread? is is one now obsolete? I do want to keep in the loop but not up on social networking ..

I'm doing my second day fast today .. eating much like the first
porridge berries
eggs (or might be turkey)
veggies

GreenEggsAndNichts Tue 21-Aug-12 23:47:49

New thread here! Have covered both 5:2 and ADF, as they are both intermittent fasting diets..

GreenEggsAndNichts Tue 21-Aug-12 23:40:23

grin I'll give it a go, a final post before bed. Will link here.

WilfSell Tue 21-Aug-12 23:37:35

new thread, new thread, new thread. I'll follow...

GreenEggsAndNichts Tue 21-Aug-12 23:30:52

I'd start a new thread but would be afraid people wouldn't follow me there. smile ooh 1,000 posts is the maximum for a thread, isn't it? hm.

rowingboat Tue 21-Aug-12 23:25:45

Hi all,
wow, busy on here!
Just popping in to cheer on those fasting, not long to go!
I have had a, relatively, normal day for eating, but am definitely eating a bit extra at the moment. I just pigged on cereal, probably because I started thinking about fasting tomorrow and my body decided to get in some extra calories quick!
I had extra cereal this morning too, but normal sandwich and fruit for lunch, a muller rice and a sausage casserole thingy with quinoa and bulgar wheat - would have it tomorrow, but I have no idea what the calorie count is.
So a fasting day tomorrow, fast number 4. Hope it does get a bit easier.
Laska I'm so impressed with your performance, not only below the 500 calories, but strenuous activity! I'm not worthy! smile
See you all in the morning!

BuntCadger Tue 21-Aug-12 23:06:30

Is anyone going to start a new thread?

I'm just back from mini break and eating lots of high fat food blush.

Fast day tomorrow and Friday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now