Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What happened to my periods?!

(1 Post)
bangingmyheadoffabrickwall Fri 11-Nov-16 22:04:13

I started on desogesterol (mini pill - another brand of cerazette) about 12-15 months ago - can't remember exactly!

Anyways, I came off it at the very end of September because:
1. Fed up of contraceptives for the past 20 years
2. Made my hair fall out in clumps - so my hair is a lot thinner than it was.
3. Reduced sex drive
4. Acne
5. Mood swings - wanting to murder to the point of wanting to run away!

The thing is, exactly 14 days after I stopped the pill, I got my period. Heavier than it would normally be when I was pill free prior to conceiving and lasted a week. For both pregnancies I always had a 24 day cycle. Now my period is 'late'. Counting from the 1st day of my last period, I am 5 days late. i had what I thought was period pains a week ago which would have been 'correct' if I had started when I should have started. But nothing.

Is this normal - could it be that I have a period and then nothing for weeks/months?

I was surprised to get it because the last time I came off prior to conceiving it took exactly 9 weeks before my period came.

oh, we have been, successfully, using the barrier method. I say 'successfully' because we have had no issues using it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now