Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Non-stop period since having implant

(6 Posts)
SwanneeKazoo Sun 06-Nov-16 12:24:34

Hi, I'd be grateful if anyone could advise please: my daughter (16) had the implant fitted about eight weeks ago and has just told me that since then she has been bleeding every day. I have no experience personally of the implant so I was wondering if this was normal and would settle down eventually or if she should go back to the docs.

IamNotDarling Sun 06-Nov-16 12:26:12

Go back to the docs. I had this with the mirena which is the same hormone.

Pestilence13610 Sun 06-Nov-16 12:30:10

Happened to both DD and DSD. Nurse and doctor kept telling them both to wait it will settle. It didn't took a year to get them removed.
Because they had each other for support they asked around at 6th form and lots of other girls reported this side effect, but had been a bit embarrassed to say. Works brilliantly for some and terribly for others.

snarferson Sun 06-Nov-16 12:50:00

I had the same with my second implant (first no periods at all). Gave up after 3 months and had it removed. It did not settle at all.

PaperdollCartoon Sun 06-Nov-16 12:51:34

I've not had an implant but my best friend did and she bled 3 weeks out of 4 for a year before they agreed to take it out. But I know other people who've had no problems at all, different people react differently to different hormones.

SwanneeKazoo Sun 06-Nov-16 14:28:45

Oh dear, this doesn't sound good, doctor it is then. Thank you all for replying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now