Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Am I over reacting or do I need morning after pill?

(10 Posts)
Allaboutthebass Tue 20-Sep-16 16:38:21

I started period Friday afternoon so today is day 5. I'm not still bleeding just a little brown discharge. Got a bit carried away earlier blush and had sex without any contraception. Given the time in the month plus my age (43), it's very unlikely I would actually get pregnant right? The situation I'm in, a pregnancy is not an option! I know I could buy morning after pill but worried about common side effect of sickness (really inconvenient this week for various reasons!) and probably wouldn't be able to actually go and get it till Thursday due to other commitments. Would you risk it or take the morning after pill? I'm really stressing

YouBoggleMyMind Tue 20-Sep-16 16:40:44

I've taken it and had no side effects. I think due to you being adamant you can't be pregnant, I would take the MAP. It's not worth the risk. Good luck xx

Allaboutthebass Tue 20-Sep-16 16:43:26

Thank you Boggle. I'm just so annoyed with myself for letting it happen!

Natsku Tue 20-Sep-16 16:44:25

Have you ever taken it before? I've taken it three times in my life and its never made me sick so not everyone gets that side effect

YouBoggleMyMind Tue 20-Sep-16 16:44:40

Don't be too hard on yourself, just make sure you get the MAP. You'll stop worrying about it once it's done.

Youarenotprepared Tue 20-Sep-16 16:48:48

I would get the MAP if pregnancy would be a very bad thing. Better MAP and potential sickness than facing a potential abortion.

Allaboutthebass Tue 20-Sep-16 16:49:54

I think I recall taking it once about 25 years ago and it made me throw up. May well have been a different pill all those years ago though

DustOffYourHighestHopes Tue 20-Sep-16 16:55:27

Take it

So much more convenient than a termination.

Allaboutthebass Wed 21-Sep-16 17:15:39

DP went and collected it for me at lunchtime and no sickness or other side effects so far. Definitely right decision. Felt instantly better after taking it. Won't be letting that happen again!

DustOffYourHighestHopes Thu 22-Sep-16 19:19:10

Well done.

Seriously, taking responsibility actually requires a bit of bravery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now