Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How long should I give the implant before I get the blooming thing taken out?

(8 Posts)
mothertotwins Sun 18-Sep-16 14:31:05

I had the contraceptive implant put in on July 29th..... Since then I have had a grand total of 12 days without bleeding!!!

I'm also finding myself getting increasingly ratty - although this could be put down to having 5 month old twins.......

I'm getting so pissed off with this. How long should I give it before I get the thing removed?

mothertotwins Sun 18-Sep-16 18:48:00

Bump..... Anyone got any advice?

Squeegle Sun 18-Sep-16 18:49:03

I do think it takes a while. Presumably he bleeding is very light. Give it till xmas?

NumbNelly Sun 18-Sep-16 18:49:55

I had it for 2 years. I had none stop periods, gained 2.5 stone and it made my mental health so bad. I hate the thing.

NickNacks Sun 18-Sep-16 18:51:25

I was given a prescription of norethisterone and this jump started my body in to a proper cycle with no continuous bleeding.

mothertotwins Sun 18-Sep-16 18:56:56

Nicknacks- how long has it been in before you were given that prescription?

NickNacks Sun 18-Sep-16 19:29:08

Well I'm on my third implant now and the continuous bleeding happened when the 2md was put on. I bles for four weeks and then we had a holiday so I wanted it to stop. I have literally (Friday) just jad the third put in so we shall see.

mothertotwins Sun 18-Sep-16 19:48:14

Thanks .... I may resort to that soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now