Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Copper Coil - doctor can't see strings!! anyone had this

(2 Posts)
mumznet Wed 17-Aug-16 19:39:01

I had a coil fitted 4 wks ago -all went fine but just went for my 4 week check and they can't feel/see the strings so I'm being referred for an ultrasound - which is likely to be about a month anyway!!!

Has anyone had this - dcotor said it was unlikely to have come out without me realising so it must be in side !!

From anyone's experience - could it still be in place but the strings just gone the wrong way?

Also worried about what it's doing if it's out of place inside me. Do I really need to wait a month for an ultrasound. - do you think it's likely I will need surgery to get it removed.
I was just expecting a routine check so thought of all my questions when I left
any help would be so much appreciated.

ftmsoon Wed 17-Aug-16 19:57:50

Not exactly as I had a Mirena, but the nurse who fitted it said she was leaving the strings longer these days so they fold up inside. Short strings can sometimes poke the man inside you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now