Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Changing to copper coil after being on pill 15 years

(6 Posts)
mangosandlime Sat 09-Jul-16 15:01:53

If you did the same did you notice a difference?

Are you glad you changed?

Did you end up going back to the pill for any reason?

I have booked my appointment but having second thoughts as scared based on some things I've read and thinking of cancelling

mangosandlime Sat 09-Jul-16 21:32:24

Bump

Hippee Sat 09-Jul-16 21:37:08

I've had a copper coil since having children and I don't like it. It has made my periods much heavier than before and I am now slightly anaemic. Just trying to find the time to go back to the doctor and discuss alternatives. I am sure it works fine for other people though.

ReturnoftheWhack Sat 09-Jul-16 21:48:13

Same as above, very heavy periods - trying some acid tablets to minimise the bleeding but then I end up feeling bloated. Don't know what else to try, hate hormones.

HarlettOScara Sat 09-Jul-16 21:48:58

I had a terrible time with the copper coil. I've always had very normal periods until I he the coul fitted. I expected them to get heavier st first but was told they would settle down. Mine did the opposite they got heavier and heavier and longer and longer until I was bleeding for 3 weeks out of 4, one week break and it would start all over again. On bad days, I'd soak through a super plus tampon in 20 minutes. I persevered for 18 months, always hoping that it would improve and when I finally went to my doctor and asked for it to be removed, she was horrified that I'd put up with it for so long.

I went back on the pill which I wasn't keen to do but it's definitely the lesser of the evils for me.

Polkadot1974 Tue 12-Jul-16 19:58:10

Loved mine but had mid cycle bleeding to had to part with it. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend giving it a go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now